Pamukkale and Hierapolis Day Trip from Bodrum With Lunch
Experience the geological wonder of Pamukkale and the ruined city of Hierapolis on this day trip from Bodrum. Witness the spectacular white terraces and pools of Pamukkale, known as ‘Cotton Castle’ to the Turks, which have been formed by the calcium of cascading hot springs. Then, explore Hierapolis, a Greco-Roman city built near the springs. View its colonnaded roads, theater and necropolis, and perhaps swim in Pamukkale’s modern thermal pools or Roman-built Cleopatra’s Pool (own expense). An included lunch adds an extra enjoyable touch.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Hierapolis & Pamukkale
What's excluded :
- Entrance fee to Cleopatra's Pool
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entry/Admission - Cleopatra Pools
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hierapolis & Pamukkale, Pamukkale 20280 Turkey
Start your tour in the early morning with a pickup from your centrally located Bodrum hotel. Settle into your air-conditioned coach and head for a local restaurant to enjoy a delicious breakfast (own expense).
Then, continue to Pamukkale, roughly 2.5 hours away. On arrival, admire this spectacular UNESCO-listed geological site, whose name translates as ‘Cotton Castle’ in Turkish, and whose bright white terraces, pools and other formations bring to mind shimmering fairytale castles. With time here spent at your leisure, perhaps walk around and take photos of these stunning, calcified terraces, and marvel at how they were formed from calcium-rich hot springs solidifying as they cascaded down the 656-foot (200m) cliffs.
Next, explore the archaeological site of Hierapolis: the ruins of a Greco-Roman spa city above Pamukkale. Stroll around the ruined temples and streets, and see the 12,000-seater Roman theater and haunting necropolis — a cemetery of 1,200 tombs.
Enjoy free time to perhaps take a swim in Pamukkale’s modern thermal pools or Cleopatra’s Pool (own expense), a Roman-carved pool littered with submerged marble pillars.
Next, visit a restaurant for an included buffet lunch. Enjoy a wide choice of salads, main courses and desserts, all washed down with drinks that are available at your own expense.
Afterward, watch a demonstration at a carpet weaving center, and then return to Bodrum, with a break for refreshments (own expense) on route. Your tour ends with an early evening hotel drop-off in Bodrum.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Cleopatra Pools, Pamukkale Turkey
Pamukkale, Cleopatra Pool
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Çarşı, Otogar, 48400 Bodrum/Muğla, Turkey
Traveler pickup is offered
BITEZ, BODRUM, BODRUM ICMELER, GUMBET, GUMUSLUK, GUNDOGAN TURGUTREIS, TURKBUKU, YALIKAVAK, TORBA
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.