Palo Verde National Park River Safari
This safari along the banks of the majestic Tempisque River and through Palo Verde National Park will give you the option to see exotic birds, incredible crocodiles, iguanas, mammals, wild monkeys and much more.
Indulge in a fantastic, authentic typical Costa Rican lunch. An added extra, exclusive to Costa Rica Unique, enjoy a mini coffee tour and tasting, learn about indigenous Chorotegan culture and their amazing pottery techniques. Bring home your own real Costa Rican pottery!
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Authentic Costa Rican TYPICAL LUNCH, COOKED IN A WOOD FIRE KITCHEN!,
- Bottled water - One bottle of water person and a cooler with ice, our clients can bring extra drinks if the want. In fact our guides stop at a grocery store in the way.
- Entry/Admission - Palo Verde National Park
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Palo Verde National Park, Costa Rica
In this floating river-safari you will have the chance to see wild animals up close in their own habitat! After a scenic drive, enjoy a two hour cruise on the Tempisque River, the nearest access to world famous Palo Verde National Park, home to hundreds of migrating and local water bird species. Among other creatures you might see…. -monkeys, - Iguanas, - Smaller Mammals on the river banks, - The mighty American crocodile, one of the largest in the world. After the safari, enjoy an authentic COSTA RICAN TYPICAL LUNCH, COOKED IN A WOOD FIRE KITCHEN!, True to Costa Rican Cuture! On our return, we make a short stop to learn about Chorotega indigenous pottery using the same techniques that were used by their Pre-Columbian ancestors. Finally we´ll stop at the “small coffee tour store”, where you´ll learn about coffee, it´s process, its importance to Costa Rica, get a free taste of the BEST coffee on the planet! and purchase some to take back home!
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :La Gran Nicoya, Guardia, Provincia de Guanacaste, Guardia, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
For hotels in Tamarindo, Flamingo and Playa Conchal the mínimum to operate is 4 people.Airports
- Juan Santamaria Intl Airport, San Jose Costa Rica
- Liberia Airport, Liberia Costa Rica
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.