You’ll be amazed by the number of elegant palazzi, cafés and romantic corners you can find in Vicenza and its surroundings: visiting the Palladian villas will become a real emotional journey that will awaken all your senses.
Most of the palladian Villas were built to become the aristocratic summer dwellings of important families and were decorated by the most brilliant artists of the time. With this tour you'll enjoy some of the most scenographic and elegant villas, set in a lovely and idillic enviroment. The most relaxing way to get to know italian art and architecture.
You can match this tour with "Vicenza and Palladio" 69120P2 for enjoying a full day experience
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel pickup
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- Entrance tickets to the villas
- Entry/Admission - Villa La Rotonda by Andrea Palladio
- Entry/Admission - Villa Valmarana ai Nani
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Villa La Rotonda by Andrea Palladio, Via della Rotonda 45, 36100 Vicenza Italy
The villa Rotonda stands at the top of a hill, not far from Vicenza and Venice. Designed by Andrea Palladio, the Villa would become one of the most majestic symbols of the Renaissance: its aspect recalls ancient Roman classical models but its innovative design had a lasting impact for future generations of architects all over the world! The four identical striking façades make La Rotonda extremely unique, and at the center a dome emerges over a central hall. Palladio's main concern was harmony and mathematical consonance, so he used the square and the circle as essential, yet elegant forms.
CLOSED ON MONDAYS
Interiors open on Wed and Sat
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Villa Valmarana ai Nani, Stradella Dei Nani 8, 36100 Vicenza Italy
The villa is set in a lovely small valley, 20 minute walk to Vicenza (less than 10 minutes by car).Its name "ai nani" ("of the dwarfs") comes from the stone figures set up on the garden wall, which portrays different social classes in the form of grotesque dwarfs. The Villa and the Foresteria (the guesthouse) are world famous for their frescoes by Giambattista and Giandomenico Tiepolo, dated from the 18th century. In the Villa, upon the suggestion of the owner, Tiepolo at the hight of his artistic maturity, paints its grand epic poems, choosing when possible sentimental episodes: Iphigenia in Aulis, Iliad, Aeneid, Furious Orland, Liberated Jerusalem.
In every season of the year the visitor is immediately embraced by flower beds of multi-colour and scented flowers and by the unmistakable fragrance of the Olea Fragrans and Calycanthus trees.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Any hotel in Vicenza or surrounding areaVicenza's railway station
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.