Palermo Walking Tour: Among Puppets and Puppetry
Live authentic experiences! A curious itinerary into the heart of the historic city center of Palermo, aimed at discovering the history of the Sicilian theater in its various art forms.
An itinerary among art, culture and folklore that has the 'popular theatre' as its central theme.
The tour begins with a visit to the International Puppet Museum Antonio Pasqualino that houses about three thousand pieces of Sicilian puppets, marionettes and shadow stages from all over the word.
The next stop is the Oratory of St. Lorenzo, the greatest masterpiece of Giacomo Serpotta where "putti", allegorical figures and "teatrini" (stucco decorations) depict a real theatrical performance that involves the viewer, making him the protagonist of the show.
The journey will continue in via Bara all’Olivella with a visit at the Mimmo Cuticchio’s puppets workshop, assisting to a thrilling Sicilian puppets show.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Museum ticket and puppets show
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Oratorio di San Lorenzo, Via Immacolatella 5, 90133, Palermo, Sicily Italy
Pass By: The Antonio Pasqualino International Puppet Museum, Piazzetta Antonio Pasqualino 5, 90133, Palermo, Sicily Italy
Departure Point :Quattro Canti, Via Vittorio Emanuele, 80146 Palermo PA, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.