Palermo: Anti-Mafia 3-Hour Walking Tour
See the sights of Palermo on a 3-hour walking tour, safe in the knowledge that none of your money will go to the extortion rackets of the mafia. Learn more about a grassroots anti-mafia movement and the rebellion against bullying.
per adult from
What's included :
- English-speaking guide
- Donation to Addiopizzo, a grassroots movement established to build a community of businesses and consumers who refuse to pay extortion money to the mafia
What's excluded :
- Anything not mentioned in inlcusions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Palermo, Palermo, Province of Palermo, Sicily
See the sights of Palermo on a 3-hour walking tour of the historical city center and discover the most symbolic landmarks of the anti-mafia movement and the rebellion against bullying.
Reflect on the terrible legacy of the mafia and be inspired by the civil mobilization against them. Learn about the shop owners and professionals who have said no to bullying by joining the campaign called "Pago chi non paga" (buy from those who fight). Hear more about the grassroots Addiopizzo movement, set up to support those who rebel against this form of extortion.
End at the historical Antica Focacceria San Francesco restaurant, serving the typical street foods from Palermo. The owners are amongst those who have courageously denounced their extortionists.
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: Quattro Canti, Corso Vittorio Emanuelle Via Maqueda, 90100, Palermo, Sicily Italy
Departure Point :Piazza Verdi, 54, 90138 Palermo PA, Italy
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.