Palenque, a piece of Africa in Colombia
Let's meet at 8 am at "Plaza de la Aduana"to will take you to discover our african roots. This place was a slave' s market where africans. From here we take private transportation to go to "San Basilio de Palenque". On this trip we explain slave's route and strategies to escape from Spanish and found this town in 1603 and reach their freedom in 1713. At the moment we get there, our native guide will take us around the town and teach us it´s history, traditions and beliefs. .
This town still keep the African spirit and it's easy to feel it since we get there. We visit the main square where Benkos Biohó is honored as the founder . We understand the importance of the legacy that Africans left in our culture. With a drum performance we witness their passion for music and dancing.
. We have a local rum and sweet tasting . At the end of this experience you will be able to understand our roots and the influence of Africans in our culture. We are back in downtown at 1:00 pm.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Castillo de San Felipe de Barajas, Carrera 17, Cartagena 130002 Colombia
The biggest fort in América
Departure Point :Éxito San Diego - Cartagena, Cl. 38 ## 10 - 85, Cartagena, Provincia de Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.