Palazzo Vecchio - Private Tour
Your private guide will accompany you on this visit to the Palazzo Della Signoria built at the end of 1200, became the seat of the Florentine Republic. In 1500 following the political rise of the Medici family, the Palazzo became the residence of Grand Duke Cosimo I de Medici. Finally in 1800 following the unity of Italy and in the period of Florence the capital, it also became the seat of Parliament. Inside you can visit the Government Halls and the Granducale family's private rooms renovated and embellished by Giorgio Vasari, as well as the Salone dei 500 (the most important attraction of the building), the halls and apartments of the Grand Duchess Eleonora of Toledo, also entirely frescoed by Vasari. At the end of the visit you can enjoy one of the best views of the city on the terrace located at the back of the building. The Palace is also the seat of the Municipality of Florence and from a century to today it is known as Palazzo Vecchio due to its past.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- ticket with priority entry, private guide and earphones
- Palazzo Vecchio Museum Ticket
- Tower ticket
- Entry/Admission - Palazzo Vecchio
What's excluded :
- Transportation to and from the museum, food and drinks, tips
- In case of rain, access to the Tower is suspended. The visit ends at the Camminamento di Ronda
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Palazzo Vecchio, Piazza della Signoria, 50122, Florence Italy
Come and visit Florence and its history through guided tours like this, taking a dip in the history of this city and going back many centuries. Your local guide will accompany you on this visit to Palazzo Della Signoria which was built from the end of the 1200s and was the second seat of the Florentine Republic. In 1500, following the political rise of the Medici family, who became lords and masters of Florence, the Palazzo became the residence of Grand Duke Cosimo I de Medici. Finally in 1800 following the unity of Italy and in the period of Florence the capital, it also became the seat of Parliament.
Inside you can visit the Government Halls of the Republic and the private rooms of the Granducale family renovated and embellished by the architect and chronicler Giorgio Vasari, appreciated by the Grand Duke.
The main attraction of the Palazzo is the Salone dei 500, entirely frescoed by Giorgio Vasari, as well as the rooms and apartments of the Grand Duchess Eleonora di Toledo.
Enjoy one of the best views of the city on the terrace located at the back of the Palace and end the visit in the Rooms where the ancient Florentine Republic used to meet (Sala dei Gigli, Hall of Geographical Maps, Hall of the last Chancellor of the Republic.
Today the Palazzo is also the seat of the Municipality of Florence and from a century to today it is known as Palazzo Vecchio in its past.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Via dei Castellani, 14, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Return Detail :Piazza della Signoria, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.