Pagoda, Monks, Market & Mohinga
This tour is great to pay early morning visit to Great Shwedagon Pagoda ,venture to hidden markets where locals come to buy and sell their wares and dig in to a bowl of Myanmar’s famous breakfast noodles at a popular tea shop.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English Speaking Guide
- Pick up and drop off services with Grab taxi
- Breakfast at Local Teashop
- Donation to Buddhist Monks and nuns
- Bottled Water and refreshing tower
- Entry/Admission - Shwedagon Pagoda
What's excluded :
- Entrance Fee Ticket to Shwedagon Pagoda
- Personal Transportation
- Personal Expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Shwedagon Pagoda, Yangon (Rangoon) Myanmar
Today your tour will start at 06:00. Start the day the local way with guided morning tour of Yangon. Depart around 07:00 to see the city at its most vibrant time.
Firstly your local guide will pick you up at your hotel and then transfer to Shwedagon Pagoda, one of Myanmar’s holiest sites. Although most tourists visit in the evening for sunset . Undoubtedly early morning visit to Shwedagon in is a memorable, authentic experience. Instead of hordes of tour groups, be surrounded by local pilgrims, monks and nuns who come to pay their respects to Buddha and pray.
Walk around the platform, learning about Burmese beliefs such as the astrological system and its role in the daily life of the locals. Meet up with Buddhist monk at pagoda platform and make contribution to them and discuss about Buddhism and the ways of Buddhist. Questions and answers secession will be organized by local guide depending on your points of interest.
Then walk down along the eastern stairway to find a row of shops filled with various religious items. Browse stalls selling monks robes, alms bowls, offerings and other unique Buddhist objects while the guide explains the customs of Myanmar’s people.
Next turn down a hidden lane way to explore a bustling market tucked amid the line of small alleys. Fresh produce, noodles and a variety of dry goods are on sale in this atmospheric little market. This local morning starts with a breakfast at a local tea shop. Taste a cup of sweet tea alongside the locals who gather for to eat and chat with friends. Choose from a selection of Myanmar favourites including mohinga, chapatti or dozens of other options. Then return to the hotel with a fully belly and a camera-full of fabulous memories.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick up travelers from all of hotels in Yangon (within city area)
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.