Padula Charterhouse private tour: A hidden gem in south of Italy (Unesco)
The guided tour in Padula will focus in the monastery, the largest in Italy and among the largest in Europe.
The Certosa di San Lorenzo, it is a very large monastery, with 320 rooms and halls. It's a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1998.
The visit starts from the entrance hall with the cloister of the guesthouse and then enter the church and admire the decorations in Neapolitan baroque style with golden stucco, majolica floors and marble altars. You will remain open-eyed seeing the wooden choir of the Fathers with 16th-century wooden inlays and then go through the hall of the bells, the Chapter and the Treasury. The tour continues with the view of the great refectory hall with the fresco of the Cana wedding of Francesco d'Elia and the magnificent kitchen with a large central hood and decorated with majolica tiles.
The tour continues by visiting the cloister of the prior and the large central cloister until you arrive at the end of the tour to the monumental elliptical staircase
per adult from
What's included :
- Licensed guide
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- Ticket entry
- Entry/Admission - Certosa di Padula
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Certosa di Padula, Viale Certosa 1, 84034 Padula Italy
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Certosa of Saint Lawrence, Viale Certosa, 84034 Padula SA, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
To be agreed
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.