Pachacamac Tour, included Barranco + Chorrillos.
Get a different experience on your stay in Lima, visiting the archaeological site of Pachacamac and the surrounding districts of Barranco and Chorrillos during this 4-hour tour. Discover the fantastic views and history of this site, visiting its museum and main temples. Get refreshed with a delicious box lunch while your tour guide explains you the important facts that occurred in this place.
Your tour will start with a pickup from your hotel. On board, there will be an orientation from your tour guide who will give an explanation of the important cultures and people that lived on this site. This archaeological site includes a visit to the museum and temples such as the Temple of the Sun, Acllawasi, the Old Temple, the Painted Temple, Philligrins Square and Taulichumbi palace.Pachacamac, that was built mainly on adobe (mud bricks), hosts an oracle that represents the Lord of Pachacamac, who was considered a god that ruled the world.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entrance ticket to Pachacamac
- small group tour
- Professional Tour Guide
- Entry/Admission - Pachacamac
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pachacamac, Autopista Antigua Panamericana Sur km 31 Close to Lurin, Lima 16 Peru
In the 1890s archaeologists first began exploring Pachacamac. They found many enormous buildings and burial sites that had been previously looted. The first (sacred) section of the site includes temples of religious significance and a large cemetery. The second section includes several buildings which are mainly secular pyramids. In this complex of buildings there were mud-brick stepped pyramids with ramps and plazas. These buildings are dated between the late 1300s and the mid-1400s.
The three most famous pyramids are all found in the sacred sector (the first sector). These are the Painted Temple, the Temple of the Sun, and the Old Temple of Pachacamac.
According to Peter Eekhout, an archaeologist who studied and excavated the site of Pachacamac, "For decades most scholars thought the pyramids (from the second section) were religious "embassies" that housed delegations from far-off communities who came to worship, bring tribute, and make offerings to Pachacamac". However, Eekhout came to a different conclusion after his work at the site. Eekhout and his team found that the structures lacked the features that characterized religious centers of the time. He concluded that the structures were used as palaces for the Ychsma (EESH-ma), the rulers of Pachacamac.
Duration: 40 minutes
Pass By: Barranco, Lima Peru
Barranco is one of 43 districts in Lima, Peru. Its current mayor is José Juan Rodríguez Cárdenas. The district is considered to be the city's most romantic and bohemian, being the home and working place of many of Peru's leading artists, musicians, designers and photographers.
Pass By: Chorrillos, Balneario sur, Lima Peru
The traditional district of Chorrillos is another not so well known district of Lima for tourists. Once being a small fishing village it developed in Colonial and Republican times to the beach resort not only for Lima’s wealthy. During the Pacific War Chorrillos was the scene of heavy fighting and much of it was destroyed. Today Chorrillos is absolutely worth a visit.
Take a walk or just relax on the beautiful Malecon and enjoy a stunning view over the whole bay of Lima, enjoy a delicious meal at the numerous restaurants specializing in typical Peruvian coastal food or have a nice day at the beach.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Once booking is confirmed, we will send you the pick up time or if we need to meet on a pick up location.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Groups limited to 10 persons while the Pandemic is active by the W.H.O.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.