Oyster Farm & Tasting Sea Kayak Tour in Casco Bay
Tasting oysters just harvested from the ocean is significantly different and better than eating them at an oyster bar. Freshness counts! This is a sea kayaking tour that teaches you the basics of sea kayaking on land before launching at Mere Point in Brunswick to visit a working oyster farm in NW Casco Bay! After visiting the oyster farm, we'll stop on an island for a stretch break, tasting, and shoreline exploring. Learn about aquaculture in Maine and how it improves the health of the bays.
Sea kayaking is an easy, fun way to sight see from the water. We often see different kinds of sea gulls, cormorants, black and mallard ducks, eider ducks, great blue herons, snowy egrets, osprey and bald eagles. If we are lucky, we will see a seal.
Paddlers of all ages will love exploring Casco Bay in this protected, scenic, historic area! No experience is needed. Single and double kayaks are used on this eco-guided tour by a Master Maine Guide.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional Master Maine Guide
- Local Guide
- Sea kayak (single or double), paddle, life jacket and safety gear
- Snacks - Fresh Oysters on the half shell for tasting with sauce choices.
What's excluded :
After meeting at 8:45am to get outfitted and learning how to paddle our sea kayaks, we carry our sea kayaks down to the water and launch. We will paddle as a group in NW Casco Bay to one of these two oyster farms: Mere Point Oyster Company or Love Point Oysters based on weather conditions and tides.
While heading to the oyster farm we'll be looking for wildlife, lobstermen hauling, and learning about the history of the area. Photo opportunities are everywhere and your guide will take some candid photos.
After learning all about oyster farming and how the oysters help clean the water, we will stop for a break on an island where everyone will get to taste raw oysters either plain, with citrus, hot sauce or Alice's Awesome Adventures Maine Blueberry Mignonette Sauce. There will be time to explore the shoreline or enjoy the views. We will return to our starting point, carry our kayaks up and debrief.
If conditions at normal starting point are unsafe, the tour might be need to be adjusted. Be sure to check your email or texts. Tips are normally given at the discretion of the traveler..
• Alice's Awesome Adventures, 17 Webb Field Rd, Brunswick, ME 04011-8107
Departure Point :Mere Point Boat Launch, 15 Birch Island Rd, Brunswick, ME 04011, USA
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. Tour may be moved to a second location for more favorable conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, strong winds or rain, you will be given the option of an alternative site at the same time, a different date or full refund.
- Dress appropriately for the weather and water. Wear shoes that can get wet and stay on your feet, and bring a hat, sunglasses, and a windbreaker or synthetic fleece for warmth.
- A liability waiver and medical information form must be completed before the tour.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult for everyone's safety.
- Stroller accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Pregnant women should have permission from their medical caregiver.
- At the start of the tour, travelers will be told current Covid-19 regulations and asked to sign a waiver in order to participate.
- Due to Covid-19 requirements, travelers must provide their own face masks, hand sanitizer, water, snacks, sunscreen, bug repellent, and clothing.
- Face masks must be worn whenever we are on land or when social distancing is not possible. If needed, one will be provided.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.