Oxford Family-Friendly Activities Half-Day Tour
NOTICE: During Covid19 period, we cannot guarantee entry inside any colleges since as yet, all of them are still closed to the public!
If your time visiting Oxford is limited and you want to make the most of seeing and enjoying the best sights and activities, why not book the Oxford full-day Oxford activities program, offering you the best of Oxford in 5-6 hours? This tour is especially aimed at families ( minimum 2 adults & 2 children minimum numbers to book) but can be booked by adult groups too. This tour is aimed only at private groups.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
What's included :
- Guided walking tour
- River cruise or bicycle tour
What's excluded :
- NOTICE: During Covid19 period, we cannot guarantee entry inside any colleges since as yet...
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: University of Oxford, University Offices 1 Wellington Square, Oxford OX1 2JD England
Stop At: Thames River, London England
Stop At: Visit Oxford Tours, 15-16 Broad St, Oxford OX1 3AS England
Departure Point :Oxford Visitor Information Centre, 15-16 Broad St, Oxford OX1 3AS, UK
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- NOTICE: During Covid19 period, we cannot guarantee entry inside any colleges since as yet, all of them are still closed to the public!
- Please arrive 5 minutes early for your tour at our meeting point. If you arrive more than 5 minutes later than the scheduled tour, then you will likely forfeit and lose your booking as it interrupts the guide and other customers, if we are trying to find you after a guide has started and left the meeting point.
- INFO FOR DRIVERS AND PARKING:
- If you are driving, then please allow extra 30-60 minutes over whatever time you think it will take you to get here. Oxford is NOT car friendly and it is congested roads and hard to find parking spaces....unless you park at the sign posted 'park and rides' on edge of town on any major road into the city and hop on their buses into city centre. The park and ride buses leave every 15 or every 30 minutes and take anything from 10 min to 30 min (depending on traffic) to reach city centre. So if you are going to drive, then please assume you should be aiming to park your car about one hour before your tour starts.
- PUBLIC TRANSPORT:
- We actually recommend instead using the much faster and reliable train services but again please aim to arrive about an hour or earlier before your tour starts as trains can be delayed and the train and coach station are about 15 minutes walk from our meeting point. There is also the coach service from London called the Oxford Tube which leaves every half hour or more but it can take much longer than its advertised 105 minute journey time. It drops you off either at High street Oxford or Gloucester Green coach station. It's quicker to ask to get off on High street near Carfax tower, then it's a 10 minutes walk to Broad street.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum number of participants per booking is required- namely 2 adults and 1 child.
- Availability for shows cannot be checked without making a booking. Credit cards will only be charged upon confirmation of show availability
- If you choose cycling, your heights MUST be advised at time of booking. Please note: we do not stock bikes for young children or anyone under 140 centimeters in height
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Covid19 health measure: your guide will turn up wearing a mask to guide. The guide will then ask if clients wish the guide to wear a mask during the tour. Our policy is the guide will wear a mask if any client requests it. Clients are free to decide whether they wish to wear a mask or not.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.