Overnight Volcano Acatenango Hiking Adventure
The journey begins in Antigua at La Soledad village where the trek begins at Acatenango volcano. It is one of the most beautiful activities you have to do when visiting Guatemala, of course you have to have the proper physical condition to do so.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hot drinks (chocolate)
- Sleeping bag, tent and mattress
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Professional guide and round trip transportation.
- Meals: (Lunch: Sandwich) (Diner: instant soup) (Breakfast: oatmeal, cornflakes and banana)
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees (GTQ. 50.00 per person)
- Volcano Acatenango is the sleeping giant that is the twin one of the most active volcano in Guatemala.
Acatenango is the third highest volcano in all of Central America and is a real adventure to hike on the top and observe the sunset and the sunrise. Sleeping overnight in the base camp of the volcano will be an unique experience in your life. Its highest summit is 3,976 meters (13,044 ft!)
7:00am shuttle from Antigua to La Soledad village (The tour guide goes to pick you up at your hotel).
08:00 arrival at the Soledad village
10:00 Begins the hike for about 5hrs. (aprox)
3:00 pm arrival time at the base camp
Time to see sunset
4:00am time to see sunrise (short hike for 1 hour from the base camp to the top to see the sunrise).
07:00am return to the base camp for breakfast.
8:30am Descend to the village
11:30am arrival time at the village
Trasfer to Antigua
12:30pm arrival time to Antigua
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Your hotel in AntiguaDeparture Time: 7:00 AMReturn Details: Returns to original departure point
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date
- Bring: comfortable clothes, scarf, jacket or rain coat, gloves, hat or cap, sunglasses, sunscreen, repellent,head lamp and personal aid kit
- Bring: Candy bar and 4 liters of water
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.