Overnight Trip to Chandra Taal lake with stay at campsite
Situated in the nest made by the Himalayan mountains, here in Spiti you have a small heaven in the form of Chandra Taal lake (Moon lake). Spread over a lavish 4 km area and located at an altitude of 4300 meters, you have a great site for camping, trekking or simply wearing off your stress in nature’s abundance. The camping is usually done a few km away from the lake due to it being ecologically sensitive.
All the tourist who are keen on spending a night or more here, are welcome to avail of our range of facilities like tents for rent, use of campsite, parking, meals, bottled water, and assistance with regards to trekking and transport.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Overnight accommodation in campsite in a tent on twin sharing.
- Breakfast, dinner and chai (tea) at campsite.
- Transport to Chandrataal campsite from Manali and back in a vehicle like Mahindra Bolero, Toyota Innova or Tempo Traveler depending upon group size and availability.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- TripAdvisor Experiences brokerage fee
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Meals and snacks not mentioned.
- Permits or entry fees for any place if required for some foreign nationals.
- Drop off to Kaza or any other place apart from Manali. It can be arranged at extra charge.
- Services of local guides
- A vehicle will pick you up from Manali town early morning and take you to Chandra Taal lake. Along the way, you will cross Rohtang Pass (3978 m) which is the entry point for Lahaul Spiti valley. From there, you will pass landmarks and small settlements like Chota Darra, Chatru and Batal. Just after Batal, you will start to climb Kunzum La pass (4590 m) and move to Chandrataal lake campsite, about 1 hour drive from there. You also have the option to hike to the campsite if you so wish. But be aware that, the walk can be a bit tough if you're not used to altitude.
Once at the campsite, you will be welcomed with hot chai (tea) and snacks and given some time to relax and rest. You can leave your luggage at campsite and visit Chandrataal Lake before sunset and/or next morning. You are free to relax in your tent or walk around in the area for some hikes or whatever you wish. You can also visit the temporary shelters of nomadic shepherds who pass through this area with their flocks of goat, sheep, mules and guard dogs.
You'll start drive back to Manali after breakfast.
Meals included are dinner and breakfast at campsite along with unlimited tea.
Departure Point :Manali govt bus stand or hotel if approachable by vehicle. Airport pickup and drop from Bhuntar available at extra charge
Departure Time :4:00 AM
Return Detail :Manali govt bus stand or hotel if approachable by vehicle
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Default food is vegetarian. Non-veg option is occasionally available.
- Due to high altitude, it is advisable to consult a doctor first if you have any health issues.
- Keep good quality sunscreen and other medications handy.
- Toilets are usually shared unless specified otherwise. Showers are not available.
- Mobile phone coverage is unreliable and spotty at best.
- Do not leave any rubbish or waste back at the campsite.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.