Overnight Exciting Tour To Mt. Longonot and Hell's Gate Park
Mt Longonot National Park is located 90km from Nairobi city on the floor of the Great Rift Valley. The mt Longonot national park is a popular park for hiking and mountain climbing that takes less than 3-4hrs to climb/hike up and down. It is one of the best adventure day trips from Nairobi. Longonot national park is easy to get to and has the best sightseeing opportunities and one can look inside the mountain crater.
On top of that you will enjoy biking safari, walk at the gorges and a beautiful boat ride on lake Naivasha. It’s a tour not to miss.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 1x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Pickup and drop off to your hotel or residence in Nairobi CBD
- Accommodation at hotel taphe Dinner, breakfast and picnic lunch
- Bicycle renting charge
- Private guide/driver at Longonot/Hells gate
- Park entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Mount Longonot National Park
- Entry/Admission - Hell's Gate National Park
What's excluded :
- Lunch on the first day.( We are happy to take you to a restaurant.
- Boat ride on Lake Naivasha ( 20 USD per person)
- Pickup and drop off to the airport at 20 USD.
- Beverages eg alcohol
- Entry/Admission - Lake Naivasha
Day 1: Nairobi to Mt Longonot
Stop At: View point, Kenya
You will make a scheduled stop at the view point on the side of the escarpment to enjoy the view of the Rift valley floor from a birds eye view.
You can actually see the volcanic Mt Suswa and Mt Longonot from this high place with their evergreen craters and the undulating green rift valley floor.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Mount Longonot National Park, Naivasha road, Maai Mahiu 00200 Kenya
6:00am:- Nairobi- Great African Rift Valley
Depart Nairobi for Mt Longonot National Park going through the Kikuyu lush green highlands and then on the eastern escarpment of the rift valley system.
6:30am: – Great Rift Valley View Point
7:00am: – Mt Longonot National Park
Drop into the rift valley and arrive at the Mt Longonot national park for your Hike up to the crater. The hike requires medium physical fitness and you will climb through the gulleys that dot the sides of this mountain. You can make some rest stops at the designated places on the trek. You will get to the rim of the crater and look into the awesome crater below. If you have the strength for it, you can go round the rim of the crater.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Lake Naivasha, Naivasha Road Nakuru County Kenya
12:00pm: – Mt. Longonot –Lake Naivasha
Descend from the Longonot mountain for the base at the park headquarters. Relax for some while and take on the drive to Lake Naivasha.
1:00pm: – Lunch at Marina Camp
Arrive at Marina camp and enjoy a sumptuous lunch at their restaurant by the lakeside while watching the lakes beauty and the birds flying by.
2:30pm: – Boat Ride in Lake Naivasha
Go on an hour boat ride in this wonderful rift valley lake. The boat ride will take you to see the hundreds of birds in this lake including the diving African fish eagle which dives in the water to catch fish without ever missing. You will also go to the hippo pool and see the hippos as they swim and bleat inside the water while opening their mouths to over 180 degrees.
4:00pm: – Lake Naivasha –Hotel Taphe Naivasha.
Depart Lake Naivasha and drive to hotel Taphe/ dove nest lodge
Duration: 2 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight at Taphe Guest House/ Dove Nest Lodge
Day 2: Lake Naivasha to Hells Gate National Park
Stop At: Hell's Gate National Park, Lake Road South South of Lake Naivasha, Naivasha 20117 Kenya
Have breakfast and start to get ready to leave the hotel at 8 am for Hell’s gate with picnic lunch.
Arrive at the gate of hells gate at around 8:30 am. Start of the biking tour at hells gate for 2 hours
11am – Visit the gorges inside the park. Gorges are small thin depressions of land mass where you can walk underneath. Some areas have formed caves where you can walk through. This will take 1 hour.
1pm – Finish the tours and bring the bikes back at the gate.
1pm – Have picnic lunch.
2pm –. End of all activities and start the drive back to Nairobi.
Arrive by 4pm and be dropped off to your hotel or residence within Nairobi.
Duration: 4 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Any hotel or residency within Nairobi CBD, BUT please let us know the name or the address.For airport pickup please give us the flight details.Airports
- Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Embakasi, Nairobi, Kenya
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.