Ottoman Spirit of Istanbul Tour
Your tour will begin with a visit to the sacred site Eyüp Sultan Mosque and Tomb, where thousands of pilgrims visit each day. Eyüp El-Ensari was the flagbearer of Prophet Mohammed and died here during the Arabic siege of the city in the 7th century. The old trees, pigeons, praying pilgrims and visiting crowds create an enchanting and colorful atmosphere around the mosque. Ride the teleferique (cable car) to Pierre Loti Coffee House and sip a cup of Turkish coffee among the beautiful trees while enjoying the wonderful panorama of the Golden Horn. You will have a birds-eye-view of the Golden Horn during the short cable car ride while climbing to the café, 550 beeline meters in 115 seconds. The coffee house takes its name from Pierre Loti, the French author and poet who was very fond of İstanbul and wrote as he sat in this coffee house enjoying the view. Miniatürk “A Story Land,” will cherish your half-day tour in Istanbul. Your half-day tour will end in Grand Covered Bazaar in Eminönü.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Fuel surcharge
- Parking Fees
- Private transportation
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Eyup Sultan Mosque
- Entry/Admission - Pierre Loti Tepesi
- Entry/Admission - Miniatürk
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Eyup Sultan Mosque, Cami Kebir Sk. No:1 Merkez Mh, Istanbul 34050 Turkey
Our tour will begin one of the most important holy figures in Ottoman Empire era. We are visiting Eyüp Sultan Hazretleri in Istanbul's Eyüp neighbourhood, outside the city walls, near the Golden Horn, the Eyüp Sultan Mosque (Turkish: Eyüp Sultan Camii) stands. The building today dates back to the early 19th century. The mosque complex consists of a mausoleum, the place where the typical born and companion of Muslim prophet Muhammad, Abu Ayub al-Ansari, is said to be buried. We shall visit the tomb as well.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Pierre Loti Tepesi, Idris Kosku Cad. Eyup, Istanbul 34050 Turkey
Time to visit one of the best spots offering a breathtaking vista of Golden Horn. Hugging the hill behind the 15th-century Eyüp Sultan Mosque is a sprawling cemetery of strange, beautiful, turban-topped tombs. For the best views, we will head to the hilltop Pierre Loti Cafe, named after the French novelist and naval officer. Loti wrote his 1876 novel Aziyadé at this establishment back when it was called the Rabia Kadın Café. The journey will be with a cable car. We will offer you a very traditional Turkish tea and some Turkish snacks in this beautiful cafe.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Miniatürk, Sütlüce, 34445 Beyoğlu/İstanbul, Turkey
The miniature park in Istanbul with its landmark monuments and architectonic masterpieces is the largest miniature park in the world. This is the best location for someone who wants to visit Turkey on a wonderful trip as well as introducing the local and national heritage for today and for the past. Miniatürk “A Story Land,” an open-air miniature park exhibiting scaled models of the most well-known masterpieces creating a fairy tale representation of İstanbul, Anatolia and the former Ottoman territories. It reflects the revival of Turkish culture and history in all its magnificence. Countless models of human figures – such as Muslims in a mosque courtyard, Jews praying in a synagogue, a railroad worker, and a flower seller – are situated throughout the park, portraying the lifestyle of the society through the ages. Most of all, you will enjoy the colourful shopping centre where you may find the best souvenirs in İstanbul.
Duration: 40 minutes
Pass By: Golden Horn, Turkey
This horn-shaped estuary divides European Istanbul. One of the best natural harbours in the world, the Byzantine and Ottoman navies and commercial shipping interests were centred here. Today, lovely parks and promenades line the shores where the setting sun dyes the water a golden colour. At Fener and Balat, neighbourhoods midway up the Golden Horn, whole streets of old wooden houses, churches, and synagogues date from Byzantine and Ottoman times. In Eyup district, a little further up, we will take you to the local areas reflects the Ottoman style of architecture.
Stop At: Grand Bazaar, Grand Bazaar, Istanbul
Our final destination for today will be world's oldest market in Istanbul. where our tour ends. The 554-year-old Grand Bazaar is one of the best shopping opportunities in the world. This is the perfect place to end your tour by shopping in the country for some of your beloved souvenirs. There will be some of the best-known Turkish hand-made tapestries, kilims, souvenirs and decorations made from copper and bronze, high-quality ceramics, onyx and leather goods on sale. You can find in the jeweller's shops all manner of valuable craft accessories, from antique gems to the modern pendants, which are filled with gold, silver and precious stones. Walking around the Bazaar is a journey among charming fragrances of spices, bright colours, sweet sounds, beautiful crafts, and the tenting smell of Turkish coffee, of course. Well, a dazzling traditional Turkish shopping experience awaits you at Grand Bazaar, again, one of the oldest covered markets in the world.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- Hand sanitizers and masks will be available for the best hygiene practice.- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time and let the lobby staff know that you are expecting a tour guide.- Comfortable shoes are advised- Wheelchair users must inform our agent whether guest(s) is/are fully dependent on the chair or partly able to walk or move.- Cruise port pickups from Yenikapi Port and Topkapi International Cruise Port are included in the tour price.- Airport picks up and transfers are also available at extra charge. Please contact us for further information.Ports
- Karaköy Yolcu Salonu Gümrük Müdürlüğü, Topkapı, Rıhtım Cd. No:52, 34716 Fatih/İstanbul, Turkey
- Yenikapı Ferry Terminal, Katip Kasım, Kennedy Cd., 34130 Fatih/İstanbul, Turkey
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/5/2020 - 10/21/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- For healthier travel experience, we will be upgrading our standard vehicles to SUVs, MPVs and Vans for 8 people or less and 16 or 33 seater minibuses for 9 people or more, both options at no extra cost. All medical regulations will be adhered to during this time until further notice for your safety.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.