Otún Lake and Santa Isabel Snowy 2 days 1 night
It is the opportunity to enjoy two wonderful natural attractives, a plan that offers all the services included and available to our tourists
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Dinner - Solo el primer día
- Accommodation at a peasant inn
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Day 1
We started the activity at 4:00 am in the city of Pereira, there we boarded a 4x4 vehicle to make an approximate 3-hour tour from the Pereira - Santa Rosa de Cabal - San Vicente - Potosí Hot Springs route. In the vehicle we arrive to the peasant inn Campo Alegre Hostal - Sector Potosí - at 3850 masl where we will take the breakfast (there we can leave our field luggage and only continue with the necessary for the walk) - After breakfast we receive an induction talk to the Los Nevados National Natural Park by people of the protected area and a 5 kilometers walk begins with the interpreter guide to the La Asomadera sector (Otun lake viewpoint) with an approximate duration of two and a half hours to three hours.
Once in the Asomadera and after an assessment of the physical condition of the people, the decision can be make an additional tour; Víctor Lake Viewpoint or descent to the forest of Eden, the latter is a forest of frailejones, the most characteristic and emblematic plant of the Paramo ecosystem.
At approximately one o'clock in the afternoon we begin the return to the peasant inn where we will have the rest of the afternoon free to take short walks around the peasant inn or share with the host family - after dinner we will get to sleep in the bedrooms (cabins)
We will hace the Breakfast approximately at 7:00 a.m., at 8:00 a.m. we take a short walk to the National Parks (porter) facilities where the 4X4 vehicle is approached for about 40 minutes to the Conejeras sector where the walk starts (3 hours approx.) to the edge of the glacier
After 3.7 kilometers of the road to glacier edge of the snowy Santa Isabel at 4,700 meters above sea level, here you can be approximately 30 minutes (this will depend on the weather conditions) and we will begin descent at the latest at 1:00 in the afternoon towards vehicles, the estimated time in descent is 2 hours. Once the vehicle is boarded, we return to the peasant inn Campo Alegre Hostal to take a comforting lunch, collect the luggage and return on board the 4X4 to the Pereira city.
Departure Point :Cra. 8 #21-60, Pereira, Risaralda, Colombia
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :4:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.