Ostrich Farm from Nairobi
A great place to learn about the worlds greatest and largest bird a close cousin to the EBU.
At one year of age, common ostriches weigh approximately 45 kilograms (99 lb). Their lifespan is up to 40–45 years. The feathers of adult males are mostly black, with white primaries and a white tail. However, the tail of one subspecies is buff.
Male: 2.1 – 2.8 m
Female: 1.7 – 2 m
per adult from
5 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Ostrich Ride
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Entry/Admission - Massai Ostrich Resort & Farm
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Massai Ostrich Resort & Farm, 505 Enkasiti Road, Kajiado 01100 Kenya
This is a well-organized recreational activity involving a walk to see the ostriches. It is a closer interaction with the ostriches in a serene and secure environment.
One has the privilege to behold the world’s largest ostrich egg, see the downy and active ostrich chicks within the brooding facilities and crown it with the heard of adult breeder stock.
You’ll never miss a chance to see the dancing males with the booming resonating sounds in a typical savannah grassland. Come have a memorable experience worthy of your time and resource.
Ostrich meat is a “red meat” similar in colour and taste to beef. The meat from an Ostrich comes from the leg, thigh, and back. An Ostrich has NO breast meat like the chicken and turkey.
Even though Ostrich meat tastes like beef, the Ostrich does not have fat marbling in the meat like beef. Ostriches have fat, but it collects outside the muscles and is easily removed during processing. Therefore, the cuts of meat are very lean with very low fat content.
Not all ostrich meat is the same. The quality of ostrich meat is influenced by similar factors that influence the quality of meat from all species.
********Cooking Ostrich Meat******
Ostrich Meat is a red meat with the characteristics of poultry meat and low in fat. Ostrich meat can be used as steak for frying, or any of your favorite dishes as a substitute for any red or white meat.
Duration: 8 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Jomo Kenyatta Intl Airport, Nairobi Kenya
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.