Ostia: Rome's Pompeii
As a local archaeologist, I will explain the ancient city's plan and architectural structures, pointing out all those particular features that make Ostia such an unique place. More interesting, I will also show you the way archaeologists look at ruins and archaeological features in order to get useful information: Ostia Antica is an amazing playground for archaeologists; plenty of hints about the daily life of ancient Romans that will let you relive a day in the life of this captivating people.
per adult from
What's included :
- Admission fee
- Entry/Admission - Parco Archeologico di Ostia Antica
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parco Archeologico di Ostia Antica, Viale Dei Romagnoli 717, 00119 Ostia Antica Italy
As a local archaeologist, I will take you for a travel back in time, showing you around the ancient port city of Ostia. My aim will be not only to let you understand the city plan and architectural structures but also to let you relive the atmosphere of ancient Rome and give you a hint of how archaeologists look at ruins and gather useful information.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Viale degli Scavi, 1, 00119 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.