Oslo Highlights and Surroundings Shore Excursion
Experience spectacular views of the Akershus Fortress followed by truly stunning views of the Oslo city hall and the Royal Palace.
Take a trip to the Holmenkolm ski jump and be rewarded with the breathtaking views over Oslo. Your last stop on this excursion will be to the Vigeland Sculptural Park where you can experience sculptural art at its finest created by the hands of Gustav Viigeland.
On your return to your ship you will drive through the local town of Frogner, one of the most notorious places in Oslo.
per adult from
What's included :
- Cruise Port pickup and Drop Off
- Local Guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and Drink
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Akershus Fortress, 0150 Oslo, Norway
- Leave Oslo port
- Visit the Asherkus Fortress
- Outside visit to Oslo City Hall
- Royal Palace
- Storting Building
- National Theatre
- Holmenkollen Ski Jump
- Visit Vigeland Sculpture Park
- Travel through the residential area of Frogner
- Return Oslo port
Clients will be met at the port by a Cruising Excursions representative. The representative will be holding a sign bearing the Cruising Excursions logo.
Your half-day tour of Oslo starts with a visit to Asherkus Fortress. Built in the 1290s to protect Oslo, it has also been a prison. It's now a military area, but is open to the public. An outside visit to Oslo City Hall is your next stop. A striking, modernist building, it houses the city council, city administration, and art studios and galleries, but is best known for hosting the annual Nobel Peace Prize.
You will then make your way to the Royal Palace, built in the first half of the 1849 as the Norwegian residence of the French-born King Charles III of Norway, and the Storting Building, seat of the Norwegian parliament. You'll also see the grand National Theatre, often seen as home of the plays of Henrik Ibsen.
From here, your tour will continue to the Holmenkollen Ski Jump, which was built in 1892. Since then, the arena has been continuously improved and has now been rebuilt and the old ski jump has been replaced with a new and more modern ski jump. During the first week in March the Holmenkollen Ski Festival takes place, with World Cup Competitions in ski jumping and in cross-country skiing. At the ski jump you can enjoy a spectacular view of Oslo and the fjord below.
The final stop on this tour Vigeland Sculpture Park - or, more accurately, the Vigeland Installation in Frogner Park. The sculpture area covers 80 acres and features 212 bronze and granite sculptures all designed by Gustav Vigeland, all symbolising the different stages in the life of mankind. You will walk together with your guide through the park and the coach will meet you at the other end to take you through the residential area of Frogner, back to the port in plenty of time for your cruise ship's departure.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Oslo, Norway
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Joining instructions and starting times will also be sent through Viator Messaging Portal.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.