Orvieto&Civita di Bagnoregio private day-trip from Rome
If you are looking for an intimate experience, this is the tour you need to book. Enjoy a day-trip to the Umbria region, exploring the stunning medieval cities of Orvieto, Bagnoregio just 1 hour 45 minutes away from Rome. Orvieto rises above the surrounding countryside sitting on its perch of volcanic tufa. Far below lies vineyards and fields dotted with ancient villas and vineyards. Orvieto has been inhabited since Etruscan times a fact that is still evident today in the underground world of caves and tunnels that run under the city. Bagnoregio village teeters atop a pinnacle rising high above a vast canyon ruled by wind and erosion. The main entrance is a huge stone passageway, cut by the Etruscans 2,500 years ago and decorated in the 12th century with a Romanesque arch. Passing through the portal, you enter another world — one stuck in the Middle Ages. The tour is operated in an air-conditioned sedan or minivan Mercedes.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- air-conditioned minivan Mercedes
- Expert english- speaking driver
What's excluded :
- Access ticket to Bagnoregio
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Orvieto, Orvieto, Province of Terni, Umbria
Orvieto stands majestically above a valley floor and rewards you with views that will stay in your memory, forever. And few churches in Italy can hold a candle to its wedding cake of a Gothic cathedral, which frequently elicits gasps of wonder at its layers of exquisite detail. Then you will spend time at an unique place in the world: the dying town of Civita of Bagnoregio. This town teeters atop a pinnacle rising high above a vast canyon ruled by wind and erosion. The saddle of earth that once connected Civita to its bigger and busier sister town, Bagnoregio, has worn away. Photographs around town show the old donkey path that once linked the hamlets. Today, the only way in or out is by a footbridge. Supplies are ferried in on mopeds.
The main entrance is a huge stone passageway, cut by the Etruscans 2,500 years ago and decorated in the 12th century with a Romanesque arch. Passing through the portal, you enter another world — one stuck in the Middle Ages. You can feel history in the smooth cobblestones under your feet.
Inside the gate, the charms of Civita are subtle. Those searching for arcade tourism won't know where to look.
Duration: 3 minutes
Stop At: Bagnoregio, Bagnoregio, Province of Viterbo, Lazio
After visiting Orvieto, you go to Civita di Bagnoregio, the ' dying town', where you can stroll through the lanes leading from the square is like travelling back in time, in an almost unreal silence, where we can enjoy pleasant corners with their traces of past ages, with flowers in the windows, and crafty cats dozing. Old medieval palaces, together with Renaissance olive presses and humble peasant homes, look out over the immense surrounding canyons which, with their crests and pinnacles, form a crown around this small town, clinging to life on the fragile clay hill. Afetrwards you go back to Rome. The driver will drop you off at your centrally-located accomodation in Rome.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The driver will pick up at your accomodation in Rome.For pick up outside Rome, (other villages, airport, etc), we charge for tranfser, according the distance from the city
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- any activities at orvieto is arrangeable on request and payble before starting
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- as long as the Covid-19 emergency persists, temperature checks for travelers are absolutely necessary in some tours and excursions that include museums, indoor places and busy areas.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.