Orchid Farm & Giethoorn - corona-proof small public tour from Amsterdam
Enjoyment starts on the way as you watch the Dutch, flat-as-a-pancake, landscape pass by while your guide shares interesting information with you.
Upon arrival at the Orchid Farm the different indoor jungle gardens are ready to be explored! Let yourself be enchanted by the exceptional flowers and plants and surround yourself with over 2,000 fuchsias, begonias and geraniums in the fairytale SkyFlora Garden, which concept is inspired by the Japanese cherry blossom season. Meet with a wildlife guide and enjoy a lecture that explains about the life span, life cycle, feeding habits and camouflage of butterflies.
Then it’s time for the transfer to Giethoorn. Here, many houses are built on small islands and can only be reached by bridge. The only continuous connection through the old village by land is a bicycle and walking path that runs from North to South. Enjoy a 1-hr canal cruise to experience Giethoorn from the water.
**Winner NL Prestige Award: 'Tour Operator of the Year'***
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation from Amsterdam Central Station
- Professional and friendly guide for the day
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Admission Orchid Farm
- 20 min lecture wildlife guide on butterflies
- 1-hr canal cruise in Giethoorn
- Water and apples
- All taxes, commissions and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - De Orchideeen Hoeve
What's excluded :
- Guide gratuity
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off in Amsterdam (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Centraal Station, Stationsplein 9, 1012 AB Amsterdam The Netherlands
The tour departs from Amsterdam Central Station, but you can opt to add the comfort of pick-up & drop-off in the city of Amsterdam to your booking.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Amsterdam, Amsterdam, North Holland Province
You can add hotel pick-up & drop-off to your booking.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: De Orchideeen Hoeve, Oosterringweg 34, 8315 PV Luttelgeest The Netherlands
Covering 6 acres, the Orchid Farm (Orchideeën Hoeve) is a magnificent jungle indoor park with different tropical gardens that’s unique to Europe. Explore the different gardens and surround yourself with thousands of flowers. Meet with a wildlife guide and search for butterflies, caterpillars and chrysalises in Butterfly Valley.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Giethoorn, Giethoorn, Overijssel Province
Visit picturesque Giethoorn, ‘Venice of the North’, where many houses are built on small islands and can be reached only by bridge or boat. Experience Giethoorn from the water passing by gorgeous farmhouses with flowers in all colors.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :De Ruijterkade 10A, 1011 AA Amsterdam, Netherlands
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up time is between 9:30 and 10:00 am. The exact pick-up time is communicated by 6 pm, the day before the tour.Ports
- Ruijterkade Oost, Ruijterkade West, Ocean Line Terminal Amsterdam
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Min. age for participation is 8 years. Traveling with younger children or staying outside Amsterdam? Check out our private tour.
- Tour departs at 10:00 am sharp from Amsterdam Central Station.
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off in Amsterdam optional.
- Pick-up (if booked) is between 9:30 am and 10:00 am. The exact time is communicated by 6 pm, the day before the tour.
- Seating rows in the vehicle are separated by transparant screens. Travelers sit by themselves or with their travel companion;
- The max number of participants in this tour is reduced to maximum two travel parties: one travel party per row in the vehicle - a travel party is a solo traveler or a duo/couple
- Travelers must use the provided anti-bacterial hand gel before boarding the vehicle;
- While in the vehicle travelers must wear the provided face mask covering mouth and nose;
- During the tour a 1.5 meter distance from one another is maintained. As we use a tour guide whisper system, travelers can wander off and still hear the guide clearly;
- We sanitize our vehicles before, during and after each tour, incl. door handles, arm rests, seat belts, headrests and handles;
- Travelers place their own luggage in the vehicle, get in and out of the vehicle themselves and fasten their own seatbelts;
- Travelers with corona symptoms are not allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- - Social distancing throughout the tour, incl in the vehicle - Unfortunately we don't have the technology for contactless gratuity but you can leave something for your guide on your seat!
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.