Orchid Farm & Giethoorn | Private Tour from Utrecht
Enjoyment starts on the way to the province of Overijssel. Watch the Dutch, flat-as-a-pancake, landscape pass by as your guide shares interesting information with you.
Upon arrival at the Orchid Farm you can explore the park in your own pace. Let yourself be enchanted by the exceptional flowers and plants and surround yourself with over 2,000 fuchsias, begonias and geraniums in the fairytale SkyFlora Garden. Its concept is inspired by the Japanese cherry blossom season. Meet with a wildlife guide and enjoy a lecture that explains about the life span, life cycle, feeding habits, camouflage of butterflies.
Then it’s time for the transfer to Giethoorn. Here, many houses are built on small islands and can only be reached by bridge (the majority of the more than 176 bridges are privately owned). Embark your own private whisper boat and let your guide show you Giethoorn (or sail yourself!). Giethoorn is a marvellous experience from the water.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1-hr Private Electrical Whisper Boat
- 20 min lecture wildlife guide on butterflies or reptiles
- Admission Orchideeenhoeve
- Pick-up and drop-off in (Greater) Utrecht
- All taxes, commissions and handling charges
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
- Private local guide for the day
- Water and apples
- Entry/Admission - De Orchideeen Hoeve
What's excluded :
- Guide gratuity
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Giethoorn, Giethoorn, Overijssel Province
Visit picturesque Giethoorn, ‘Venice of the North’, where many houses are built on small islands and can be reached only by bridge or boat. Experience Giethoorn from the water passing by gorgeous farmhouses with flowers in all colors.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: De Orchideeen Hoeve, Oosterringweg 34, 8315 PV Luttelgeest The Netherlands
Covering 6 acres, the Orchid Farm (Orchideeën Hoeve) is a magnificent jungle indoor park with different tropical gardens that’s unique to Europe. Explore the different gardens and surround yourself with thousands of flowers. Meet with a wildlife guide and search for butterflies, caterpillars and chrysalises in Butterfly Valley.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: The Netherlands, The Netherlands
Enjoy the comfort of pick-up & drop-off in the Amsterdam / Almere / Amersfoort / Utrecht region to start your full day tour to the Orchid Farm and Giethoorn.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Utrecht, Utrecht
Enjoy the comfort of pick-up & drop-off in the city of Utrecht or surrounding villages.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Amersfoort, Amersfoort
Enjoy the comfort of pick-up & drop-off in the city of Amersfoort or surrounding villages.
Duration: 5 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up time is around 9:45 am. The exact pick-up time is communicated once the pick-up address is known. Ports
- Utrecht City, Voorstraat 89, 3512 AL Utrecht, Netherlands
Departure Time :9:45 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Lecture can also be about reptiles: your choice!
- Also available as small public group tour departing from Amsterdam
- Corona-proof experience
- Most travelers can participate
- ***Winner Netherlands Prestige Awards: 'Tour Operator of the Year'***
- Max group size is 6 travelers, provided they form one household. In case of two households, the max group size is four travelers.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- - Unfortunately we don't have the technology for contactless gratuity but you can leave something for your guide on your seat!
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.