Orangerie Museum Exclusive Guided Skip the Line Visit
Exclusive Experience to discover Impressionist and Post-Impressionist masters during your 2-hour tour of the Orangerie Museum.
View works by Claude Monet, Paul Cézanne, Henri Matisse, Pablo Picasso, Pierre-Auguste Renoir, Amedeo Modigliani, Le douanier Rousseau, Paul Gauguin, Alfred Sisley and Kees van Dongen on your shared tour of up to 7 people. Admire the unique exhibition with 8 of the great Water Lilies compositions by Monet.
- Learn from a local professional guide : Enjoy a personal licensed guide. Art story telle guide.
- A small group tour : A group with no more than 7 people. Individual attention and quality time with your guide are guaranteed.
- Skip-the-Line access: priority access
- Exclusive experience to visit Orangerie Museum: One of the most iconic museum in Paris
per adult from
What's included :
- Small Group Tour - Exclusive services
- Professional art historian guide
- Skip the line Entrance
- Entry/Admission - Musee de l'Orangerie
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Musee de l'Orangerie, Jardin des Tuileries - Cote Seine, 75001 Paris France
Located in the Tuileries, one of the most beautiful gardens, the Orangerie Museum presents a unique set and a beautiful impressionist collection. Meet your guide at the entrance, to enjoy priority access to gain fast-track entry to the Orangerie.
Claude Monet's Water Lilies, a unique atmosphere
Offered to the French state by Claude Monet in 1918 as a symbol of peace, the water lilies were installed at the Orangerie Museum in 1927, a few months after his death.
This unique ensemble, a true "Sistine of Impressionism", in the words of André Masson, crowns the cycle of water lilies begun almost thirty years ago. This set is one of the greatest monumental achievements of painting of the early twentieth century. The dimensions and area covered by the painting surround and encompass the viewer over nearly a hundred linear meters that unfurl a landscape dotted with water lilies, reflections of water, willow, trees and clouds, thus giving "the illusion of 'an endless whole, a wave without horizon and without shore', according to Monet's terms. This unique masterpiece has no equivalent in the world.
According to Claude Monet's wishes, the eight compositions were exhibited in two consecutive oval rooms. These rooms benefit from natural light from the roof. The two ovals evoke the symbol of infinity, while the paintings represent the cycle of light throughout the day.
The Walter & Guillaume Collection
The Jean Walter and Paul Guillaume collection is one of the finest collections of European paintings. It includes 146 works, from the 1860s to the 1930s. Paul Guillaume was a passionate young art dealer, creating an extraordinary collection of several hundred paintings, ranging from Impressionism to Modern Art, to found a museum.
His widow Domenica, remarried with the architect Jean Walter, transformed and reduced the collection while making new acquisitions. She wanted to name the collection after her two husbands when the French State acquired it at the end of the 1950s. This collection is today exposed to the Orangerie Museum.
It currently includes 25 works by Renoir, 15 by Cézanne, 1 by Gauguin, Monet and Sisley, all from the Impressionist period.
From the twentieth century, the museum presents 12 works by Picasso, 10 by Matisse, 5 by Modigliani, 5 by Marie Laurencin, 9 by Douanier Rousseau, 29 by Derain, 10 by Utrillo, 22 by Soutine and 1 by Van Dongen.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Terrasse de l'Orangerie, 75001 Paris, France
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Hand sanitizers available at each critical point. Protective mask provided to all guests and the team Limit physical interactions and safety distance Signing of the Caring Attitude Charter
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.