Online Origami & Furoshiki Workshop with Specialist Instructor
Encounter two traditional Japanese art forms at once in this online experience with an expert instructor. First, try your hand at our origami session, where you can learn first-hand how to make the perfect origami structures from the crane to Mount Fuji. Then, discover the little-known craft of furoshiki wrapping, the Japanese art of skillfully wrapping goods and products.
per adult from
What's included :
- Learn to make authentic origami & furoshiki creations
- Nationally-licensed instructor
- Lesson on the importance & history of origami & furoshiki
What's excluded :
- Origami paper - please supply your own
- Furoshiki paper - please supply your own
What to bring
◆ 6-8 sheets of approx. 7.5cm x 7.5cm (about 3 x 3 inches) square paper per person
◆ 1 square/rectangular cloth at least 60cm (approx. 23 inches) in length (dish cloths, blankets and towels are fine)
In this online program, you will be taught how to make origami and furoshiki creations by our nationally-licensed instructors. In the first half of the lesson, you will create a variety of origami shapes, both simple and complex, such as the crane, and ninja stars. Then, in our next activity, you will learn the basic knots and techniques to furoshiki wrapping, and have a go at some of its more complex methods such as bag making and bottle wrapping. As you create, our knowledgable guide will tell you all about the varied pasts of these practical crafts and their usefulness in the world today.
How to participate
This program will take place over video call on Zoom. You can download Zoom for free here. Once you have booked the experience, we will send you a link and more information over email.
If you would like to participate in the activity (ask any questions, show your designs, etc.) you will need your own webcam and microphone.
Departure Point :Tokyo, Japan
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 200 travelers
- This activity takes place online.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by True Japan Tour