One day Turu Ba Ri Nature tour
Enjoy a unique nature guided tour just 1 hour from San Jose, on the way to the park you will see beautiful landscapes. Is located 6 miles from Orotina (known as the fruits city). You will start this tour with a short ride on an Aerial Tram that will drive you through the forest, where you can find endangered animals, and you will learn about the culture and traditional life style of Costa Rican people of XIX century.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Round-trip shared transfer
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- At the agreed time, our comfortable air-conditioned transportation units will arrive at your hotel and take you through route 27 for a period of approximately 01 hour where you will observe picturesque landscapes, mango plantations, some stalls with fruit sales and sweets that are produced in the Orotina area.
It consists of a guided tour that is carried out accompanied by a naturalist guide, is developed in the Tropical Garden, and its entrance and exit is by a cable car that works as a means of transportation but that allows to have a unique view of the Park, Tárcoles river and Turrubares hills.
This tour traverses places with trails of dry tropical forest and transition to rainy forest, breeding areas (butterflies, Iguanas, Crocodiles, Deer, Turtles) that have been confiscated by the authorities to poachers and that nowadays are in process of protection and takes for caring to then be liberated in most cases, botanical collections (Orchids, Bromeliaceae), a cultural area known as Finca Campesina (country side farm) where you can learn about Costa Rica of the nineteenth century (Sugar mill, traditional vegetable garden, sugar cane and coffee exhibition, medicinal plants, hydroponics , wormwood, domestic animals, etc.) gardens and many other surprises that nature will gives you.
At the end of the tour you can taste a delicious lunch of traditional Costa Rican buffet style food such as green salad dressings and rice, beans, meat, sweet plantains, tortillas, traditional desserts such as coconut or papaya honey and natural juice.
Once finished, you will be transported to your hotel.
Departure Point :Mainly hotels located in San Jose Downtown, Airport route or 27 route
Departure Time :7am - 8am Tuesday to Sunday at the mayor hotels at San Jose Downtown
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years old
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 02 people per booking is required
- Availability for shows cannot be checked without making a booking. Credit cards will only be charged upon confirmation of show availability
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.