One day tour to Jerash and Ajloun Castle from Dead Sea
Explore one of the largest and most well preserved sites of Roman architecture in the world with this private, full-day chauffeur service. Jerash has paved streets with the classic architecture of colonnades, famous hilltop temples, beautiful theaters, wide public squares and plazas, baths, fountains and city walls. Many of the attractions are still in exceptional condition. Visit the Medieval Castle of Ajlun built by the Muslims during the 12th Century, alongside viewing the Jordan valley, Jordan river, and parts of the West Bank such as Jericho.
per adult from
5 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- English Speaking Driver
- Transportation (hotel pickup and Drop-off, air-conditioned vehicle, on-board WiFi, Fuel Surcharge)
What's excluded :
- Meals, Gratuities, Local guide at the site, Personal Expenses, Admission Fees
- Entry/Admission - Jerash Ruins
- Entry/Admission - Ajlun Castle (Qala'at ar-Rabad)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jerash Ruins, Jerash Jordan
You will be picked up from your hotel in the Dead Sea to start your tour by visiting Jerash city, the most complete and well-preserved city of the Roman Empire. Jerash is one of the Decapolis cities to the north of Amman. You will enter through the main gate of the city and visit its Oval Plaza, Colonnaded Street as well as its theaters, and temples.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Ajlun Castle (Qala'at ar-Rabad), Ajlun Jordan
On the road, you will see the Jordan valley, Jordan River and the old olive oil trees that are one hundred years old. You will then travel to Ajlon to visit the Medieval Castle of Ajlun built by the Muslims during the 12th Century in the time of Saladin for defensive purposes during the crusaders. Enjoy the beautiful scenery and green north fields from its unique towers. There are two theories for the name of Ajlun either (iron) as there was iron material in the area or because it was built on top of a monastery after the priest's name. This city is located in the northwest of Jordan, Ajlun is a series of high mountains, in the Omayyad period it was named Gilad which means hardness or roughness.
At the end of the journey, you will then be returned to your hotel in the Dead Sea.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from any Area in Dead Sea ( Sweimeh Dead Sea Road, Sowayma )The driver will be waiting at your hotel lobby holding a signboard with your name on it.Return point: Returns to the original departure point or Amman City
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.