One Day Tour to Jerash and Ajloun and Dead Sea
Morning pick up from Amman hotel, drive north to Jerash (Gerasa), one of the Roman Decapolis the best-preserved city outside Roman and visit its theaters, temples, churches and colonnaded streets.
And then drive down to Rabad Castle (Ajloun Castle) you will visit the Islamic military castle of Ajloun, the castle was used by the Islamic armies of Saladin to protect the region against the crusaders.
Then you will begin the one-hour drive to the Dead Sea. Being the lowest point on earth and filled with a variety of minerals with medicinal properties the site has developed into a health spa-like hotspot. The mineral concentration in the mud is used for therapeutic and beauty treatments. Queen Cleopatra and Sheba both were said to have known the value of the site and used it. Due to high salinity, the water supports no form of life hence the name the Dead Sea and floating is very easy. Be sure to prepare to swim and relax in the mud before heading back to Amman.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- English Driver
- Optional Onsite Local Guides
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Entry Fees to Sites
- Entry/Admission - Dead Sea
- Entry/Admission - Jerash Ruins
- Entry/Admission - Ajlun Castle (Qala'at ar-Rabad)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dead Sea, Madaba Jordan
The Dead Sea is a salt lake bordered by Jordan to the east and Israel and the West Bank to the west. It lies in the Jordan Rift Valley, and its main tributary is the Jordan River. Its surface and shores are 430.5 meters below sea level, Earth's lowest elevation on land.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Jerash Ruins, Jerash Jordan
Jerash is a city in Jordan, north of the capital Amman. Inhabited since the Bronze Age, it’s known for the ruins of the walled Greco-Roman settlement of Gerasa just outside the modern city. These include the 2nd-century Hadrian’s Arch, the Corinthian columns of the Temple of Artemis and the huge Forum’s oval colonnade. The Jerash Archaeological Museum displays artifacts excavated from the site.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Ajlun Castle (Qala'at ar-Rabad), Ajlun Jordan
Ajloun Castle is a 12th-century Muslim castle situated in northwestern Jordan. It is placed on a hilltop belonging to the Mount Ajloun district, also known as Jabal 'Auf after a Bedouin tribe which had captured the area in the 12th century
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.