One day tour at Kumasi
Tour like a local and experience the culture and the tradition of the Asante Kingdom, the heartbeat of Ghana.
per adult from
4 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Manhyia Palace Museum
- Entry/Admission - Kumasi Fort - Ghana Armed Forces Museum
- Entry/Admission - Prempeh II Museum
- Entry/Admission - Okomfo Anokye Sword Site
- Entry/Admission - Ntonso Adinkra Craftsmen
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Kejetia Market
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Manhyia Palace Museum, Ahanti New Town Road off Antoa Road, Kumasi Ghana
One most important attraction to the palace that adds to the rich experience of tourists is the Manhyia Palace Museum. This Museum, although small in size, holds numerous and historic artefacts, war amulets and others of the Asante Kingdom. The palace was opened in 1995 during the Silver Jubilee celebration of the accession of the Golden Stool.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Kumasi Fort - Ghana Armed Forces Museum, Cnr Stewart & Government Roads, Kumasi Ghana
The museum features military equipments, artifacts and other items used during the British Asante war of 1990 as well as the 2nd World War. Other collections include war weapons, colors, medals, armored cars, portraits and photographs.
This is a source of valuable historical building for referring back to the evolution and development of Ghana under colonial era till the present day
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Prempeh II Museum, Bantama High St, Kumasi Ghana
This museum may be small but the personalised tour included with admission is a fascinating introduction to Ashanti culture and history. Among the displays are artefacts relating to the Ashanti king Prempeh II, including the king's war attire, ceremonial clothing, jewellery, protective amulets, personal equipment for bathing and dining, furniture, royal insignia and some fine brass weights for weighing gold. Constructed to resemble an Ashanti chief's house, it has a courtyard in front and walls adorned with traditional carved symbols.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Okomfo Anokye Sword Site, Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital, Kumasi Ghana
Encased within its own small museum, the Komfo Anokye Sword Site is the spot where the the 'immovable' Sword driven into the ground by Okomfo Anokye sits.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Ntonso Adinkra Craftsmen, Ntonso Road Ntonso, Kumasi Ghana
Ntonso Adinkra Cloth Village. Ntonso is the homeland of adinkra cloth and the only place in Ghana where traditional adinkra is made locally from scratch. Ntonso is still Ghana's biggest producer of adinkra, a cloth famed for its symbols and proverbial wisdom
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Adanwomase, Ghana
Kente cloth is a legendary fabric worn by African kings down the centuries. The cloth is still made in the traditional way in Adanwomse in the Ashanti region of Ghana. Kente is worn not only for its eye- catching designs but also for its symbolic significance. There are over 300 patterns, each with its own name and meaning derived from proverbs, historical events, important chiefs and valuable plants.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kejetia Market, Kumasi Ghana
The Kumasi Central Market is an open-air market in the city of Kumasi, the capital of Ashanti. Kumasi Central Market is in the rain forest bioregion of Ashanti on the Ashantiland Peninsula
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Manhiya Palace Museum, Kumasi, Ghana
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Kumasi Airport, Kumasi Ghana
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.