One Day Peloponnese
This tour will take us to the major sites of the Peloponnese, both ancient and modern, from the Homeric city of Mycenae, to Epidauros, Palamidi Castle in Nafplio and the Corinth Canal.
The kingdom of Mycenae was one of the first great centres of the Greek culture; settlement on this site dates back to the second millennium BC. According to Homer, Mycenae was the seat of Agamemnon, who led the Greeks against the Trojans to take back Helen, the wife of his brother Menelaus.You will see the Lion Gate, which formed the entrance to the royal court and palace.
We will also travel to Epidaurus and see the world-renowned Epidaurus theatre. Built in the 4th century BC, it is famous for its acoustics, which are so perfect that words spoken on stage can be heard perfectly wherever you are in the audience.
Stepping forward in history, we will see the Palamidi Castle in Nafplio, built by the Venetians and famous for supposedly having 999 steps.
per adult from
9 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transportation from and to your central hotel in Athens or Piraeus
- Transportation from and to the cruise terminal of Piraeus port and ATHENS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- Private tour (your party only), Air condition, Wi-Fi in vehicle, fuel surcharge and tolls
- Professional English-speaking driver. Gives information & tips but does not come in the sites
- Everything that involves the vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Professional guide at sites (if wanted, with an extra charge, you can hire in the site)
- Admission fees
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Site of Asklipiiou Epidavrou
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Corinth Canal, Isthmia, Corinth 201 00 Greece
As we cross the Isthmus, we stop to see the great feat of engineering that finally opened the route between the Gulf of Corinth and the Saronic Gulf - the Corinth Canal. It was finished in 1893, even though the idea existed at least as far back as 602 BC!
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Archaeological Site of Asklipiiou Epidavrou, EO Isthmou Archaias Epidavrou, Epidavros 210 52 Greece
Travel to Epidaurus and see the world-renowned Epidaurus theater. Built in the 4th century BC, it is famous for its acoustics, which are so perfect that words spoken on stage can be heard perfectly wherever you are in the audience.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Nafplio, Nafplio, Argolis Region, Peloponnese
Stepping forward in history, we will see the Palamidi Castle in Nafplio, built by the Venetians and famous for supposedly having 999 steps. According to legend, there were once 1000 steps leading to the castle, but one of them was crushed by Theodoros Kolokotronis, a leader of the Greek war of independence, during celebrations for a victory against the Ottomans.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Mycenae, Mycenae, Argolis Region, Peloponnese
Mycenae was the seat of Agamemnon, who led the Greeks against the Trojans to take back Helen, the wife of his brother Menelaus. The ruins of the ancient city are famous for the amazing “Cyclopean walls” - so named because the later Greeks thought that only a Cyclops could move such huge rocks into place. You will see the Lion Gate, which formed the entrance to the royal court and palace.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please contact us, to confirm final details.We pick you up from all Hotels from Athens and Piraeus.The port and cruise terminal or address you have given us.Airports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
- PIRAEUS PORT
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- You must be able to walk on unpaved or uneven terrain; otherwise the driver will do their best for you to see most of the sites
- Departure time is between 6:00am-8:30am, based on your preference!
- Duration: 10 to 12 hours
- Our drivers are professional, friendly and knowledgeable. Their priority is your satisfaction and safety. All our drivers speak English and are ready to help and to provide tips!
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Our cars are well-maintained, clean, and have free Wi-Fi. Baby chairs, wheelchairs and most phone chargers are available on request, at no additional charge
- Professional guide at the site (if wanted, with an extra charge, you can hire in the site)
- All prices are for 1 tour, for 1 to 4 passengers, with a taxi or sedan, and up to 7 (on request 8 passengers) passengers with a minivan
- We reserve the right to cancel a booking for a full refund in the case of bad weather, health issues or site closures
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.