One Day in Tivoli...
Est of Rome, about 25 miles from the city, usually reacheable in less then 50 minutes of drive..... that's Tivoli.
An ancient hill top city. After its early pre-roman history a Roman Emperor, Hadrian, second Century A.D., had the vision of a Great Architect following himself the construction of his summer residence, "Villa Adriana".
Rising on a plateau flanking the Aniene river, a river that keeps on flowing towards Rome, water was always a dominant element in Tivoli.
And being in aboundance has always been used to amaze.
In this this tour you will see from the still water of the Roman swimming pools to the sparkling water spouting from the Renaissance fountains of Villa D' Este the other masterpiece of the reinassance architecture, up to the natural flowing of the Waterfalls.
Villa D' Este made Tivoli' s taste for Beauty famous and copied in Europe.
The Restaurant we suggest is located in another suggestive archeological area overlooking the Waterfalls.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- WiFi on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Villa Adriana and Villa D' Este tickets (10€ each from 26 years on, 2€ from 18 to 25)
- Lunch at the "Sibilla" restaurant to pay directly there.
- English,French,Spanish,German guide 120€ for a 4 hrs tour, to pay there. Ask for other languages.
- Entry/Admission - Villa Adriana
- Entry/Admission - Villa d'Este
- Entry/Admission - Ristorante Sibilla
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Villa Adriana, Largo Marguerite Yourcenar 1, 00019, Tivoli Italy
We will meet our guide at the entrance (restrooms available and a well provided book/souvenir shop) After that the tour will start and the guide will tell you stories about the Villa and the Emperor who wanted it while walking among the roman concept of Beauty and Wellness.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Villa d'Este, Piazza Trento 5, 00019, Tivoli Italy
With our Guide, we'll move to Villa D' Este a masterpiece of the Italian Renaissance culture who made Tivoli of worldwide fame. Enjoy the Villa as well as its wonderful Gardens. Other age, other stories, architecture and concept of timeless Beauty.
Duration: 1 hour 40 minutes
Stop At: Ristorante Sibilla, Via della Sibilla, 42, 00019 Tivoli RM, Italy
Full imersion in the local italian kitchen. This very old and traditional restaurant, established in the 17th century is placed into another jewel of the Roman archeologicy, even if we are in the Medieval part of the town here, that of the Vergin Vestal and Oracle Temple. Weather permitting lunch will be outside, under a pergula made of century-old plants on a terrace overlooking Tivoli Waterfalls. We chose a daily menu' for you, everyday different, called "Menu of the Territory" made of: a First course, a Second course and a side dish and a Dessert (free choise as far as Wines concern) at the price of 30 euro. Anyway feel free to order whatever inspires you. The menu is only a suggestion.
Duration: 1 hour 40 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- It is only possible to fold the weelchair and sit on the regular sit entering the car through the help of the driver if there is capacity to stand up and do one step
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Face masks to wear inside the car and in indoor venues (such as museums) if laking social distance. For open air experiences in a private group no requirement of wearing face mask.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.