One-day Hangzhou Lakeside Mountains Relics & Ruins Hiking – Guided Outdoor Tour
A hardcore 8-hour in-depth Hangzhou mountains hiking tour that takes you deep into Hangzhou’s scenery and history at the same time.
Likely the densest Hangzhou hiking and culture tour available.
Hike the Southern Song Dynasty ‘Nan Song’ relic route, tracing a path from the Nan Song bazaar markets of Hefang Street to the Chu Palace ruins on Mount Fenghuang – from the commoner’s streets to the crumbled seat of the ancient Imperial government.
The great outdoors and a see-and-feel history lesson combined.
1. Trace a path through a thousand years of Hangzhou history - get to know Hangzhou and Jiangnan culture through hiking and mountain climbing.
2. This West Lake trail is a favorite route of the locals. Experience weekend leisure life in the style of your average live-in citizen.
3. A local as your guide, head deep into the West Lake mountains and deep into Hangzhou’s history. Explore a string of millennial relic ruins that tell a story of kings and war.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Chinese-English bilingual guide
- Hotel or train station pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wushan Square, South Yanan Road, Shangcheng District, Hangzhou 310002 China
Meet up. ‘Heavenly Wind over Wu Hill’. Hefang Street bazaar. Town God’s Temple.
Meet up with your guide after breakfast. Get acquainted, then head out to the starting point of the day’s itinerary – Wushan Square.
Arrive. Experience one of Hangzhou’s iconic scenes - the ‘Heavenly Wind over Wu Hill’.
Walk on to the Southern Song dynasty bazaar street of Hefang Street. Turn into an alley and visit the hidden Town God’s Temple.
From here onwards is uphill.
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Stop At: Hangzhou Chenghuang Pagoda, Wushan Mountain, Shangcheng District, Hangzhou 310002 China
Chenghuang Mountain & Wan Song Hill trail. Wan Song Academy. Phoenix Hill. Wuyue Kingdom Imperial Palace ruins. Mountaintop Pavilion.
Follow old alleys uphill onto the Chenghuang Mountain, then onto Wan Song Hill Road. Explore and learn all about the site’s history from your guide. Atop Phoenix Hill we come to the Phoenix Pavilion – a great spot to stop, relax a while and survey the Qian River below.
Wan Song Hill Road: A path by the Wan Song Academy (built around 800AD, in 1521 this became Hangzhou’s largest academy of classical learning) marks the start of our hike up Phoenix Hill (Phoenix Hill is the site of the Wuyue Kingdom Imperial Palace ruins, occupied from 907—978AD, and again in the Southern Song era from 1127—1279AD).
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Yuhuang Feiyun Mountain, Lianhuafeng Road, Xihu District, Hangzhou 310000 China
Yuhuang Mountain trail. Laoyu Palace. Emperor’s Road sacrificial altar. Mt Jiuyao. Jiuyao Pavillion West Lake Panorama.
Continue along the mountain path in the direction of Yuhuang Mountain, coming to the Laoyu Palace half-way up before pushing along the emperor’s road. Inspect the ruins of the Wuyue Kingdom imperial sacrificial altar. There are also views of Hangzhou’s Eight Diagrams Field and Qiantang River to enjoy.
Move along the thin mountain paths to arrive at the Jiuyao Pavillion. Descend the mountain.
Laoyu Palace: a sacred site of the Quanzhen sect of Taoism.
Jiuyao Pavillion: on Jiuyao Mountain’s peak. a fantastic scenic vantage point that affords the most stunning panoramic view over the expanse of West Lake.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Prince Bay Park, Taiziwan Gate, Nanshan Road, Xihu District, Hangzhou 310007 China
Trail end. Prince Bay Park botanical gardens. Hotel drop-off.
The path off Jiuyao leads into the Prince Bay Park botanical gardens – the most beautiful in Hangzhou!
Finally, your private guide will escort you back to your hotel, at which time the tour will conclude.
Duration: 50 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel in Hangzhou.We pick up from any station in Hangzhou.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.