One-Day Hangzhou Dragon Well Tea Culture & West Lake Private Tour
Dragon Well (Longjing) tea is the most famous green tea in China, and it is also ranked No. 1 among China's top 10 teas. Hangzhou, as the birth place of Dragon Well tea, is full of tea culture. If you are a tea fan, this tea culture tour will thoroughly satisfy your thirst. You will have the chance to enter a tea plantation and pick tea-leaves, visit a tea farmer's house and stir-fry tea, learn the art of tea-making, and taste local tea snacks. This is all combined with a West Lake cruise.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off in Hangzhou
- Well-trained, versatile and knowledgeable English-speaking guide.
- Your own chauffeured and comfortable vehicle, chosen for ample space.
- All entrance tickets as listed in the itinerary.
- Bottled water.
- Traditional Chinese lunch.
- Entry/Admission - Meijiawu
- Entry/Admission - National Tea Museum
- Entry/Admission - West Lake (Xi Hu)
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (recommended).
- Airport transfer.
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Meijiawu, China, Zhejiang Sheng, Hangzhou Shi, Xihu Qu, Lingxi S Rd, 灵溪南路交叉口
You'll be picked up in the morning from your hotel/ train station, and drive to the place of origin of the best Dragon Well tea – Meijiawu Tea Village. A local tea specialist will welcome you with bamboo baskets, and accompany you to the tea plantation. Your first task will be to choose appropriate tea leaves and pick them in the right way. After tea-picking, the tea specialist will take you home and show you the process of stir-frying tea. This process dehydrates the leaves and helps preserve their beautiful green color. If you like, you can have a go—be careful, though, the huge iron pot is very hot (around 200℃). The tea specialist will show you the art of the tea ceremony, and introduce you to the proper way to taste tea.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: National Tea Museum, Shuangfeng Country, Longjing Road, Xihu District, Hangzhou 310000 China
After saying goodbye to the tea village, you'll visit the China National Tea Museum. This is China's only museum dedicated to tea. There you will see tea exhibits and precious teaware, and will learn about the general history and classification of tea. Musuem is closed on Mondays.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: West Lake (Xi Hu), West Lake Scenic, Xihu District, Hangzhou 310000 China
In the afternoon have a relaxing visit to West Lake, one of the major landmarks of Hangzhou. Stroll alongside the lake, and take a cruise to Fairy Island.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup and drop-off services are available within centrally locationl in Hangzhou city or train station. Please tell us your hotel/accommodation name, address and phone number at the time of booking.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes.
- You will receive details about tour guide and exact pickup time in your voucher the day before. And the tour guide will also call you via hotel or leave a message for you about pickup time the night before tour.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking. We try to meet individual requirement but can NOT 100% satisfy. Thank you for your understanding.
- If you want to be picked up from Hangzhou Train Stations, please enter your train details at the time of booking.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.