Once Upon A Madurai Trail
Join us on an easy walk through the ancient city of Madurai and discover stories behind everyday sights. We'll tell you stories of Gods and their towering monuments, and of Kings and Queens who made Madurai. We'll also talk about many everyday customs and rituals you will see on the streets of Madurai even today.
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
What's included :
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Madurai Meenakshi Amman Temple, Venmani Rd, Sellur, Madurai 625002 India
We walk through the bylines around this prominent temple that is at the heart of Madurai city. This tour does not take you into the temple.
Pass By: Puthu Mandapam - புது மண்டபம், Madurai Main, Madurai, Tamil Nadu 625001, India
We walk past this 350 year old monument that is literally called the 'New Hall' in Tamil. We stop at the large Nandi statue, the Rayagopuram behind this hall, and walk up to the Vittavasal and the iconic Pattuthoon.
Departure Point :North Tower, Meenakshi Amman Temple,Madurai Main, Madurai Main, Madurai, Tamil Nadu 625001, India
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for child aged 6 and under
- Dress conservatively keeping knees and shoulders covered for both men and women
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.