Old San Juan & Loiza African Town Full-Day Tour in Puerto Rico
Immerse yourself in our fascinating history and rich culture with this experience. Visit the Historical Site of Old San Juan, and one of oldest towns in America, for a sightseeing and walking tour. Learn about its history, unique forts, impressive architecture and admire its blue cobblestones streets and charming colorful houses.
Then discover the influence of our African heritage at the picturesque little town of Loíza, Capital of our African Tradition. Start with a beautiful coastal drive and authentic lunch at the beachfront kiosks of Piñones. Later meet a renowned painter and artist at his house and workshop and stop at an African Mask Store. End your day having fun and learning about our Bomba Afro-Caribbean music joining a class by recognized local musicians and dance to the beat of drums.
Minimum age is 2 years old. Minimum tour group size is 4 people.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Parking Fees
- Entry/Admission - Old San Juan
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Old San Juan, San Juan Puerto Rico
We will start early heading to the iconic Old San Juan Historical Site, considered one of the oldest towns in America and a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Beginning with a sightseeing drive, including picture stops, will give you the chance to appreciate the landmarks of the Capitol Building, San Cristobal Fort and El Morro Fort. Then as we began the walking tour, you will learn about its fascinating history, unique forts, the city walls, the impressive architecture and admire its cobblestones streets and charming colorful houses, surrounded by amazing views to the San Juan Bay.
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: Santurce, San Juan, Puerto Rico
As we drive to the next stop of Loiza town, you will appreciate other areas of the New San Juan, like the ocean front touristic sector and streets filled with art murals as an initiative to revive less visited areas.
Stop At: Loiza, Loiza, Puerto Rico
Once in Loiza, discover the influence of our African heritage at the picturesque little town considered the capital of our African tradition. Continue with a beautiful coastal drive through the beachfront community of Piñones, and the chance to savor a more African influenced authentic food in one of the many roadside kiosks and restaurants.
Meet renowned artist Samuel Lind at his house and art workshop and learn about his work, inspiration and history. Later, stop at the Castor Ayala Mask Store to admire a collection of hand-made masks and art pieces representing their most unique traditions and festivals. You will have the chance to acquire art pieces in both places, if you wish.
End your day learning about our Bomba Afro-Caribbean music joining a class by recognized local musicians and dance to the beat of drums.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up Time starts at 8:30am.OLD SAN JUAN GUESTS - All guests staying in Old San Juan will be picked up only at "Plaza Colón" (Colón Square).
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- All visitors arriving to PR are required by government to provide a Covid Molecular Test negative result taken 72 hours or less prior of arrival or will be subject to self-quarantine for 14 days. Evidence of the COVID NEGATIVE RESULT is required to participate on this tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.