Old Montreal Private Walking Tour
Find out more about all the eras that shaped Montreal with a private 2-hour walking tour. With your local guide, learn the city's history, from the foundation of Fort Ville-Marie in 1642 to today. Visit important public squares, such as Place d'Armes, Place Royale, and Place Jacques-Cartier; pass by the Notre-Dame-de-Bon-Secours Chapel, City Hall, and walk along the former ''Wall Street'' of Canada; take a picture at the oldest building of the historic district, and enter Notre-Dame, if you choose. The historic heart of the city and its adjacent Old Port will help illuminate the story of one of the greatest cities in the Americas. Private tour is limited to a maximum group size of 15.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private tour
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees (optional visit)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Notre-Dame Basilica, 110 Notre-Dame Street West Es-ce Accessible En Fauteuil Roulant, Montreal, Quebec H2Y 1T1 Canada
Meet your private guide at Notre-Dame Basilica
Stop At: Old Montreal, Montreal, Quebec H2Y 3Y8 Canada
Walk through of Old Montreal, where your guide leads you through a maze of narrow streets to find a multitude of historical buildings. Explore the birthplace of this city during this voyage back in time.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Place d'Armes, Between St-Jacques St and Notre-Dame St, Montreal, Quebec H2Y 1T1 Canada
This is a private tour, so the itinerary may vary, but typical sights you'll see can include important public squares such as Place d'Armes and Place Royale.
Pass By: Place Jacques-Cartier, Between rue Notre-Dame and rue de la Commune, Montreal, Quebec Canada
Place Jacques-Cartier, where you can admire the monuments and works of art on display there. Check out the external architecture of a variety of impressive buildings, such as the three courthouses, the Château Ramezay, and Bonsecours Market (Marché Bonsecours),
Pass By: Les Cours Mont-Royal, 1455 Peel St, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1T5 Canada
Pass by Notre-Dame-de-Bon-Secours Chapel and City Hall, and walk along the former 'Wall Street' of Canada, St-Jacques Street. Just off charming St-Paul Street, discover the foundation site of the city's first hospital, Hôtel-Dieu, in the Cours Le Royer
Pass By: Sulpician Seminary, Notre-Dame Street, Montreal, Quebec Canada
Enjoy a photo op of the Sulpician Seminary, the oldest building of the historic district
Pass By: Old Port of Montreal, De la Commune West, Montreal, Quebec H2Y 2E2 Canada
Learn about the Old Port. By the time your tour ends, you'll have new appreciation for Old Montreal's long history and landmarks.
Departure Point :119 Rue Saint-Jacques, Montréal, QC H2Y 1L6, Canada
Return Detail :Bonsecours Market, 350 Rue Saint Paul Est, Montréal, QC H2Y 1H2, Canada
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A maximum of 15 people per booking
- Pricing is group pricing
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Wearing a mask will not be mandatory, but strongly recommended for all visitors. Our guides who are sick, showing COVID-19 related symptoms, awaiting a diagnosis, have been in contact with a probable/confirmed case in the last 14 days or have recently travelled abroad will not be allowed to work.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.