Old and New Delhi Private Guided Tour
See the sights of Delhi on a private 8-hour tour by air-conditioned car. Benefit from the services of an English-speaking expert at monuments such as the Jama Masjid mosque, the Memorial to Mahatma Gandhi, India Gate and Parliament House
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Sightseeing by private air conditioned car
- Private live tour guide
- All parking fees, tolls and taxes, allowances, fuel and interstate taxes
- Rickshaw ride
- Landing and facility fees
- Monuments Entrance Fees
- Lunch in multi-cuisine a/c restaurant
What's excluded :
- Camera Fee
- Benefit from pick-up at a location of your choice in Delhi on arrangement, and explore India's capital from the comfort of a private, air-conditioned car. Admire the monuments of Old Delhi, such as the Mughal mosque of Jama Masjid, India's largest mosque, built by Shah Jahan in 1656 at the height of Mughal power.
Admire the onion domes of the Red Fort opposite the mosque, before taking off your shoes to look inside. See the Memorial to Mahatma Gandhi at Raj Ghat. Then, drive past the government buildings of New Delhi, including India Gate, the Presidential Residence (Rashtrapati Bhavan) and Parliament House (Sansad Bhawan).
Admire the commemorative tower of the Qutb Minar, built by Allauddin Khilji in the 13th century. Look closely as it towers up 5 levels, each clearly distinguished by a projecting balcony. Next, go to Humayun's Tomb on Mathura Road. Built in the mid 16th century by Haji Begum, wife of the second Mughal Emperor, the tomb displays Mughal characteristics of high arches and double domes and is considered to be the forerunner of the Taj Mahal. See the flowerlike Lotus Temple, also known as the Bahai Temple, completed in 1986 and notable for its extraordinary 27 free-standing marble-clad "petals."
Experience some of Delhi's unbelievable shopping with assistance from your guide, and find the best places to bargain for jewelry, handcrafts, art, fabrics, clothing and souvenirs. Get suggestions on some of the best places to eat along the way.
Departure Point :Hotel/Airport
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Hotel/Airport
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.