Oirase Gorge and Lake Towada Day Hike with Government-Licensed Guide
The Oirase Gorge is a popular resort in the Northern Japan, offering some of Japan's most spectacular mountain scenery. With one of the most famous hiking paths in all Japan, we set foot there on our quest for traditional Japan.
The gorge is marked by interesting rock formations on both sides while the river has icy rapids and a series of 14 plunging waterfalls along the way. If there’s only one thing you do in Aomori, do this. It really is a nature lovers paradise.
It is about 2.5 kilometres (1.8 miles) long and has only gentle elevation changes which takes around 2-4 hours to easy walk at a leisurely pace.
Let us know what you would like to experience and we will customize a four-hours tour that's best for you!
Note*1: Nationally and State Licensed Tour Guide-Interpreter certification is issued by the Japanese government requires a good knowledge and understanding of Japanese culture and history.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Free Photos
- Licensed Local Guide
What's excluded :
- Other personal expenses
- Lunch - Lunch (for yourself and your guide)
- Entrance fee (for yourself)
- Private Vehicle
- Transportation fee (for yourself and your guide)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Oirase River, Okuse Aomori Prefecture
The Oirase Gorge is arguably the most beautiful river valley in all of Japan, and that’s saying something – this country is breathtaking. Running 14km (8.6 miles) between Nenokuchi and Yakeyama on the shores of Lake Towada, the stream follows a gentle gradient of about 200m with a charming rest area (Ishigedo) at the center of it all.
Pass By: Lake Towada, 034-0000
Lake Towada is a famous scenic spot in the north. When you see the beautiful lake reflecting the sky and the surrounding mountains, and a large open panorama, it is breathtaking.You’ll be surrounded by emotions that can’t be expressed in words.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
This special tour will be conducted with a public transportation and cruising taxi as stated in the tour information, NOT including private vehicle. Your guide will pick you up at the meeting point on foot. If you need a private vehicle, please feel free to ask us and we will estimate an additional cost for you.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.