Off-the-beaten Path Small Group Vatican Tour including Sistine Chapel Tickets
You do not want to miss the Vatican but you are afraid the huge crowds could ruin your tour? Looking for an alternative way to enjoy the Vatican City and its history? Take this "Off-the-beaten Path Vatican Tour including Sistine Chapel Tickets" then! A top rated, specialized and enthusiatic tourist guide will take your hand to discover the lesser-known sections of the Museums, places the mass tourists don't know! You will visit the Gallery of Paintings (Pinacoteca), the Carriage Pavilion with its special antique vehicles - including three Popemobiles! - and the New Wing with its spectacular archaeological collections of Ancient Roman and Greek Statues. Your guide will also provide a complete overview of the Sistine Chapel and will give you directions to reach it and enjoy it by yourself!
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
You will meet your top rated guide outside the Vatican Museum and you will soon start an unforgettable experience skipping all the lines!
You will explore sections usually not covered by an ordinary tour as the Gallery of Paintings counting masterpieces of Raphael, Caravaggio, Leonardo da Vinci, Tiziano and much more! Then your guide will bring you to the Carriage Pavilion showing you the historical vehicles used by the different Popes, including a Grand Gala Berlin, made in Rome in 1826 for Pope Leo XII, or the Fiat Campagnola worldwide known as the car where Pope John Paul II was standing on the day of his attempted assassination in St. Peter’s Square in 1981, as well as three Popemobiles (Land Rover, Toyota and Mercedes 230 GE) and the Renault 4 donated to Pope Francis in 2013.
Then, after visiting the Courtyard of the Pine Cone (cortile della Pigna) you will reach the so-called New Wing, recently re-opened to the public, and its outstanding collections of ancient statues. The Gallery was inaugurated in 1822 to display the works of art confiscated by Napoleon and returned from France after his defeat. You will definitely appreciate the statue of emperor Augustus of Primaporta and a misterious statue of the River Nile!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
Before living you to the rest of the Museums you guide will provide you a detailed overview of the Sistine Chapel, a site where is strictly forbidden to talk and provide any explaination. You will litteraly fall in love with the Vatican City State!
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Viale Vaticano, Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- READ CAREFULLY: it can happen that some areas might get closed last minute without previous notice, especially the Sistine Chapel and/or the Basilica of St Peter. In case of such events we do NOT refund NOR reschedule the tour, our tour guide will provide you with a valuable alternative focusing the tour inside the Vatican museums.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.