NYC Private Tour with a Local, Highlights & Hidden Gems, 100% Personalized
Discover the real New York and explore the city on an experience hand-crafted to your interests, needs and wishes! Whether you want to tick the famous landmarks like the Empire State off your bucket list or get off the beaten path and discover quirky local neighbourhoods like Brooklyn or Queens, your hand-picked Host will show you the best of New York. Discover the best places to see, eat, drink and explore, loved by locals. This experience is personalised and crafted around your individual needs meaning flexibility, consideration and attention to detail are assured.
per adult from
3 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 100% Private and personalised experience
- 3 - 8 hours with a Local Host
- Authentic local insider knowledge
- Walking experience (if required, your host can suggest public transport or private taxi options)
- Hotel meet-up (available on request for central location)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Tickets to any attractions
- Transportation costs
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Harlem, 110th to 150th streets, New York City, NY
Get what you want out of your experience - try globally influenced flavors as you sample some of Harlem's classic soul food dishes
Pass By: Brooklyn Bridge, New York City, NY 10038
You could walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, maybe at night? Let us paint the picture- the moon overhead, stars reflected in the East River below- truly magical.
Pass By: Bronx Museum of the Arts, 1040 Grand Concourse, Bronx, NY 10456-3901
Catch an exhibition or live jazz act at the Bronx Museum of the Arts- if you feel super cultured
Pass By: Brooklyn, Brooklyn, New York
Microbreweries, prohibition brew houses and NY pizza (enough said).
Pass By: Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY
Roam around this hip(ster) spot, seeing what there is to see, eating what there is to eat and shopping what there is to shop. Head’s up, there’s a lot of all of the above.
Spot vivid street art, sift through thrift stores, pop into impossibly cool boutiques, muse over contemporary art in a small gallery, peruse the local flea market or just kick it on a barge overlooking the Manhattan skyline.
Pass By: Greenwich Village, 14th Street and West of Broadway, New York City, NY
If you’ve ever wondered what New York tastes like, you’ll find out on in Greenwich Village. You’ll could on the dishes that are close to every New Yorker’s heart, from warm-from-the-oven choc’ chip cookies to creamy New York cheesecake, to Sicilian-style arancini - decadent bites of fried rice stuffed with dreamy combos like Bolognese sauce and melted cheese.
Snack in a classic ‘mom and pop’ shops as you hear about the Italian immigrants who brought their incredible food culture with them, indulge in a freshly filled cannoli and float away into New York food heaven as you bite into classics like bagels with lox or a door-stopper sized pastrami sandwich.
Pass By: Grand Central Terminal, 89 E 42nd Street, New York City, NY 10017-5503
You’ll see the iconic skyscrapers and landmarks - hello Grand Central - but the twist is, it will be through the eyes of your host. They can’t wait to share with you what they love about the area, where they hang out, and what’s good to eat and drink.
Pass By: Midtown, Midtown, New York City, New York
From Times Square to Rockefeller to the Empire State, there are more New York landmarks here per square metre than anywhere else in the city (probably, we haven’t had this fact independently verified…) and your host can’t wait to show them to you!
NOTE: Entrance fees are not included and we recommend that you visit the interior of these attractions autonomously.
Pass By: Meatpacking District, West of Eighth Avenue, New York City, NY 10014
Dimly lit cocktail bars, gallery openings, flagship designer stores and ultra-cool restaurants.
Whether your idea of a good time is more trendy and high-end designer shopping followed by a cocktail, dinner at the latest restaurant opening followed an evening musing over contemporary art, or bar hopping between sleek wine bars and dimly-lit cocktail joints, you’ll find it all here.
Pass By: SoHo, SoHo, New York City, New York
Enjoy the famous Soho and its hidden gems just around the corner from iconic attractions, and wander its historic streets
Pass By: Little Italy, Little Italy, New York City, New York
We would recommend perusing the delis in Little Italy though, which have been in the same families for generations and trying a cannoli or two, then paying homage to NY’s very first pizzeria (by eating a slice, obviously).
Departure Point :New York, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Once you have booked your experience, we will be in touch in order to finalise the meeting point details with you. We can arrange pick up from hotels and other locations in the centre of the city. Your meeting point must be confirmed and agreed by the experience planners in advance. This is a walking experience, so your host will meet you on foot
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. Book a Local 6 Hrs 9/14/2018 - 12/31/2023
NYC: Book a Local 8 Hrs 9/14/2018 - 12/31/2023
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Book a Local New York 3 Hrs 9/14/2018 - 12/31/2023
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Book a Local New York 4 Hrs 9/14/2018 - 12/31/2023
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- After booking, you will receive a short questionnaire, so you’ll be able to tell us more about your interests and preferences. Based on your responses you’ll be matched with your hand-picked Host
- Meeting Point
- Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- City Unscripted and all City Unscripted hosts follow the WHO (World Health Organization) and local government’s health and safety recommendations at all times. To keep up to date with the latest news we recommend visiting these World Health Organization (WHO) website pages.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.