Nungwi Village Tour
The village experience -tour is always done with local guides from the village, and all the activities are planned to benefit the village and nature conservation. Discover how locals live their everyday lives and how they make their livelihoods.
Mnarani Aquarium is a small tidal lake surrounded by the porous coral rag stone that is home to dozens of endangered hawksbill and green turtles. You will get to feed the turtles with seaweed and to take photographs. You will also have a chance to visit dhow (local boat) makers by the beach and see how a boat will be prepared or made from the scratch. The tour finishes with a great Swahili local style lunch!
If you are not staying in Nungwi, we are happy to arrange a reasonably priced transfer.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Mnarani Marine Turtles Conservation Pond
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from other parts of Zanzibar
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mnarani Marine Turtles Conservation Pond, Nungwi Tanzania
The Mnarani Marine Turtle Conservation Pond is a community based NGO established in 1993 as an effort to conserve the population of sea turtles native to Zanzibar island. The Stone Town based Eco & Culture Tours NGO was the initiator of this project, and empowered the local villagers to take this conservation initiative into their own hands. Hawksbill turtles (Eretmochelys imbricata) have traditionally been hunted around Zanzibar for their attractive shells, and Green turtles (Chelonia mydas) for their meat.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Nungwi Beach, Nungwi Tanzania
You will have a visit of a witch doctor and a local Dhow builder.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Nungwi Road, Nungwi Rd, Tanzania
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Most travelers can participate
- Inform us about dietary restrictions
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.