Northern Wisconsin Snowmobile Rentals
Runamuk Rides offers 1 and 2 person Ski-Doo Renegade Adrenaline snowmobiles with electric start, EFI, industry leading suspension and handling features and a powerful and responsive 900CC 4 cycle ACE engine. From the first moment you lay your eyes on one of our alluring and exhilarating snowmobiles you'll be on your way to a rapturous lifetime pursuit. With agile performance, enriching features and seductive appearance Runamuk Rides' agile machines will carry you through a land of enchantment and unforgettable experiences.
You'll maneuver your snowmobile along heavily forested and twisting trails that circumnavigate glacial lakes, rivers and an indescribably stunning landscape. The entire region is filled with undulating terrain teeming with winter-time wildlife such as deer and wolves. The beauty of the snow-covered forests and the thrill of driving a snowmobile is incomparable to just about anything you've experienced.
per adult from
7 to 168 hours
What's included :
What's excluded :
- Helmet rental
- Delivery & Pickup Service
- Guide service
- Our snowmobile fleet consists of new 2021, one and two person Ski-Doo Renegade Adrenaline with powerful, efficient, 900 ACE CC 4 cycle engine. Each comes with EFI, electric start, reverse and automatic transmission.
The price stated is per one person snowmobile per day (10am-5PM). If you want two person snowmobiles, purchase the applicable number of one person snowmobiles (up to 8) and select the appropriate number of "two person machines" from our available list of options. We highly suggest you read our options list, our reservation acceptance and cancellation policy which are listed below.
With direct trail access Runamuk sits at the junction of 3 major trails. Park your car, complete the rental check-in process, hop on your machine and go. There are over a thousand miles of trails in our region many of which course through the area's nearly 2.5 million acres of thick forests; past glacial lakes and streams. The forests are also full of wildlife such as wolves, bobcat, Elk, otters, etc. Our guests are frequently treated to the sight of these inhabitants.
Trails are groomed and marked (signed); tend to be more curvy (winding) than straight; circumnavigate undulating (hilly to near mountainous) terrain past glacial lakes and streams. They are considered to be the best trails in north America.
As a means of reference to where are region is geographically situated: Runamuk is approximately 40 air miles from Lake Superior and about 20 miles south of the "Northern Continental Divide" - in the northernmost part of Wisconsin. While we have a Hayward mailing address we are about 8 miles north of town.
We don't consider ourselves merely a "rental" company. We consider us to be in the "making of incredible, memorable experience" and "destination marketing" business. As w Like LasVegas, Besides the equipment, our service begins immediate your snowmobile rental includes much more:
we also offer complimentary service that starts as soon as we confirm your purchase. These include assistance in arranging ground transportation, lodging, food, other entertainment and aiding your itinerary. Besides snowmobiling in the winter, the area is quite popular for ice fishing and fly fishing in streams. There's are many truly authentic vintage resorts, restaurants, taverns, wineries, local museums, old fashion candy stores and boutiques and small towns that have the quintessential and adorable "main streets" that date back to the late 19th and early 20th century.
If you request we will assist you in making ground transportation arrange from the closest major airports (etc., Minneapolis, Chicago, Duluth, MN). You will, however, have to pay for the actual transportation separately or add it to your Runamuk reservation price. We offer free pickup from local airports including Cable and Hayward
Due to a variety of conditions you will not receive a confirmation from Runamuk Rides that we've accepted your reservations. If we do accept we will email you a booking confirmation and a link to our digital waiver that you must read and accept within 24 hours of receipt of our booking confirmation.
We have many optional services, terms such as delivery service. Be sure and read below to learn about our most popular.
Upon arrival our staff will review machine features with you. We'll also, if you want, give you suggested routes and recommend some trail-side places to stop to eat as well as go-over the trail map with you. (Prior to the arrival we highly recommend you visit Ski-Doo's website and review the 2021 Renegade 900ACE operator's manual as well as Ski-Doo safety tips and videos).
Notes this rate is based upon a 1 person snowmobile from 10am-5pm. We also offer 2 person snowmobiles which will need to add to your reservation. Subject to availability you may rent up to a total combination of 8, 1 & 2 person snowmobiles.
You are required to read and agree to Runamuk Rides terms and conditions of use BEFORE you purchase your reservation. Failure to provide in a digitally signed waiver which we will send you within 24 hours of receipt of the waiver will result in the cancellation of your reservation, subject to our "Cancellation Policy" - see below.
- We have a strict cancellation policy. Under all circumstance (things like weather, trail conditions or your own personal circumstances, etc., - all sales are final. No refunds, in-store credits or rescheduling. Customers bare all risks. There are, however, a few exceptions:
a. Due to the COVID pandemic we are now offering a Trip Interruption Plan at a price of $79 per day per snowmobile. If you purchase this option you are allowed, regardless of the reason, to cancel up to 2 days prior to the start of your rental and receive a full refund, less the cost of the Trip Interruption Plans.
b. If we, at our sole discretion, decide to cancel the reservation for unexpected equipment or staff issues, we will refund you the full amount less a $75 per booking cancellation fee
c. If we, at our sole discretion, deem trail conditions too poor to operate snowmobiles, we may, at our sole discretion, offer to substitute snowmobiles for UTVs ("Off Road Vehicles" or "side-by-side ATVs). It is your decision alone whether or not to accept the offer. It is also subject to sufficient UTV availability. If you do you are bound to the same terms and conditions of use. If you do not accept our offer you will not receive any refund or in-store credit (cancellation policy applies).
UTVs come in 2 & 4 person configurations. We operate 2020 Kawasaki Teryx UTVs if you care to preview the equipment. There will be no additional cost for the substitution (nor will you receive any prorated or full refund or credit). The substitution will consist of Runamuk providing the least amount of UTVs required to handle the total number in your rental party.
For instance: if you rented two, 1 person snowmobiles and two, 2 person snowmobiles, we would consider your group size to be 4 people. Subject to availability and at our sole discretion, would may offer you one, 4 person UTV in lieu of the snowmobiles. Sometimes we may not have enough UTVs to accommodate your entire group. Regardless of whether we can or cannot you accept or decline or substitution offer, you will not receive, and you agree that you are not entitled to, any sort of partial, full refund or in store credit..
Departure Point :Runamuk Rides, 13679 W, Thannum Fire Ln, Hayward, WI 54843, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Runamuk Rides doesn’t simply offer rental service but also assistance in creating a memorable and adventurous experience. That's because our service begins right after you book. Our rates includes assistance with finding lodging, discounts with area businesses, help in determining what to pack, developing a customized route, trail maps and detailed directions and of course, the equipment itself
- Runamuk offers one and two person snowmobiles; 2 & 4 person UTVs, and 11 to 17 person boats.
- All our equipment is new or late model with state of the art engines, suspension, and features./
- We have numerous rental programs: 4, 7 or 23 hour programs as well as any where from 2 to 7+ days
- Early check-in machines can generally be taken out any time after 7pm. An additional charge applies and is subject to availability and payment of applicable charges. You must also reconfirm with us at least 4 hours in advance as given the inherent unpredictable nature we cannot guarantee the time or the availability of equipment. In such cases we will refund the additional early check-in charge but there will be no other compensation or reimbursement. If you have questions please contact us.
- For those who request delivery service be sure and put down the local address where you want the equipment delivered on the booking form. The rate is $50/snowmobile, 2 snowmobile minimum (includes delivery and pickup) within a 15-mile radius of either of our facilities (we use MapQuest to determine mileage). For deliveries outside that please contact us.
- Delivery Service Available but we sit alongside three major off-road trails. Park and ride.
- Navigating the northern Wisconsin trail system is well marked and area trail maps are very useful. Runamuk staff will help you become familiar with the maps and will go-over a customized route with you.
- Cancellation policy: all reservations are non-refundable but we do offer a Trip Interruption Program.
- We are open 6 days per week from 9am to 6pm (rentals are from 10am-5pm). All equipment is tendered to our guests fully fueled and must be returned that way. We sell gasoline on sight or you can bring in your own 91 octane ethanol free fuel. We do not offer any insurance of any kind and assume full liability so check with your insurance agent if you want to look into coverage.
- Visit this website concerning regulations and operator licensing requirements: DNR.wi.gov
- Runamuk requires all operators to be at least 18, have a valid driver’s license and, if a minor, accompanied by a parent or guardian. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us.
- Read and carefully consider our terms and conditions of service and use BEFORE booking. We're relying on you to do this. These are located under the legal menu of our website. (Written copies available upon request). Another copy will be present at the time you book, when you receive your booking confirmation and receipt via email and when you arrive at Runamuk. Snowmobiling is a fun but an unpredictable sport. Since you and your group are fully liable and we offer no insurance coverage whatsoever make sure you are prepared to assume any risks.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.