Northern Lights Tour from Reykjavik
The Northern Lights tour from Reykjavík takes you to see a spectacular natural phenomenon which happens during the winter months. The Northern Lights, also known as Aurora Borealis, are caused by the interaction of particles from the sun with the upper atmosphere near the North Pole. Northern Lights in Iceland are visible during the winter months, from September to April.
It’s important to stay warm when you’re out in the dark gazing up at the sky, which is why freshly-baked waffles and hot beverages are available for sale on site. Add some heartwarming comfort to an already amazing experience.*
*Waffles and hot beverages are only available on the 21:00 and 22:00 departures.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bus Fare
- Professional Local Guidance
- Free Wi-Fi
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Pickup from hotels
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Reykjavik Excursions, Vatnsmyrarvegur 10 BSI Bus Terminal, Reykjavik 101 Iceland
Meeting point for the tour.
Pass By: Iceland, Iceland
Locations on this tour vary from day to day depending on weather conditions.
Departure Point :Umferðarmiðstöðin BSÍ, Iceland, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers with young children are advised to take the 20:00 departure which is available from 15 October through 14 March 2020.
- This tour depends on weather and sightings are not guaranteed. The tour may be cancelled on the day if the weather is poor
- Remember to dress warmly
- No pickups from hotels
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Indicated return times can vary.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.