Northern Lights Tour by Bus
See the northern lights, also known as Aurora Borealis, on this unforgettable 3-hour tour from Reykjavik. Travel in a warm vehicle, accompanied by a guide, to an ideal spot outside of the city where you can see a magnificent display of light and colors.
per adult from
What's included :
- All activities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Dress warm, and get ready to hunt the northern lights. Listen to your expert guide as they explain the science behind the natural phenomenon as you drive deeper into the dark of the Icelandic night. The lights are at their most frequent in late autumn and winter/early spring. Between the autumn equinox and spring equinox (15 September – 15 April), However, the weather is also of importance, and September, October and November tend to be wet and snow-less in the north.
From December the weather dries up, and there is normally plenty of snow. If you come in December or January, you experience the polar nights with atmospheric evenings and very short days. In February and March the days are longer and you see more of the snow-clad landscapes during daytime, and the evenings still offer maximum chances to spot the northern lights.
Note: seeing the northern lights cannot be guaranteed. Some weeks, you are treated to fantastic displays, repeated several times during the evening. Other times, the snow falls densely, or the northern lights simply stay away. Naturally, the longer you stay and the more time you set aside, the better the odds.
Departure Point :1: Reykjavík, Iceland
2: Bus Stop #1 Ráðhús City Hall, Vonarstræti 10, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
3: Tjörnin, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
4: Bus Stop #3 Lækjargata, Lækjargata 4, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
5: Miðbakki, Geirsgata, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
6: Bus stop #5 Harpa, Sculpture & Shore Walk 101, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
7: Bus Stop #6 - Safnahúsið The Culture House, Ingólfsstræti 1, 101, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
8: Hallgrimskirkja, Hallgrímstorg 101, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
9: Bus Stop #9 Snorrabraut, Snorrabraut 24, 101, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
10: Bus stop #10 Hlemmur Square, Laugavegur, Reykjavík, Iceland
11: Bus stop #11 Austurbær, Snorrabraut 37, Reykjavík, Iceland
12: Bus Stop #12 Höfðatorg, Þórunnartún 6, Reykjavík, Iceland
13: Bus Stop #13 Rauðarárstígur, Laugavegur 120, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
14: Bus Stop #14 - Skúlagata, Klapparstígur 5, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Departure Time :9:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- infant seats available upon request
- The northern lights are a natural phenomenon, sightings are not guaranteed
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.