Northern Lights private tour
We hunt for the elusive Northern Lights. But there a few things that come into play for the search. We´ll need a relatively clear sky. It does not have to be completely clear, but the clearer the sky, the better the chances.
There also needs to be activity on the solar surface “solar flares” This is what actually causes the lights. Also the moon needs to be in the right position, and it has to be the right time of the month for the lunar cycle.
Time of year is also important for the lights. A common misunderstanding that the lights are best in the middle of winter, that is not the case. The prime time for the lights in autumn and spring equinox. This, however, does not mean you can´t see the light in the depth of winter, just not as common.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Reykjavik, Reykjavik, Capital Region
This tour has no specific locations, we head into the darkness, outside the city looking for the lights on evenings, where the conditions are right.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel or designated pick up locations in ReykjavikPorts
Departure Time :9:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.