Northern Lights Hunting By Minivan, Small Group Adventure
Let us take you away from the city to see the magical dancing Northern Lights. Learn more about this rare phenomenon and capture some awesome photos!
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 3 hours Aurora Chasing adventure
- Hotel pickup & drop off
- Professional English speaking guide
- Tasty sausages grilled over an open fire
- Transportation during the tour
- Hot drinks
- Northern lights (if we’re lucky and if the weather’s right)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Norvajärvi Beach, Lentosatamantie, 96900 Rovaniemi, Finland
This 3-hour tour includes transportation, guidance, storytelling and hot sausages by the campfire. Learn about Nordic myths and see the colorful lights fire up the sky.
The best time of the year to see the Northern Lights in Finland is between September and April. In Lapland, you can see the lights for 200 nights a year. Contrary to popular belief lights appear in autumn and spring, even summer too, but you can't see them unless the sky is pitch black. That's why we take you on away from the city lights to see the majestic Aurora light show.
Aurora hunt lasts for 3 hours. We'll pick you up from your hotel in Rovaniemi and take you to our secluded country location where we'll sit by an open fire and wait for the lights. Snacks and drinks are included, so help yourself to sausages cooked on the open fire and recuperate with some hot tea. In a cozy atmosphere by an open fire, you will learn more about the Northern Lights, why they appear and learn about ancient Aurora legends.
The most popular myth in Finland involves the story about a fast Firefox that ran so quickly its tail sent sparks into the sky creating the Northern Lights. Others say that the lights appear in the sky whenever the whales splash water. Find out more about these Nordic myths as you wait for the lights to start swirling in the sky.
Please note that Aurora sights are not guaranteed. Even when the solar activity is right and the timing is perfect, we still need to be lucky to see the lights.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Tour include a pick up & drop off transfer from your accommodation in the area of central Rovaniemi. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.Arctic Circle Wilderness Lodge, Apukka Resort or Arctic Snow Hotel transfer for extra charge - 20 € / person / round trip
Departure Time :9:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Northern Lights are a natural occurrence and we are unable to guarantee activity, vibrancy or colour on the evening of the safari.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not recommended for child aged 4 and under
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please provide valid phone number when booking
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.