Northern Lights Chase - more than just a chase
Join us to see the breath-taking Northern Lights from the best destination in the world, Tromsø. Experience much more than just a chase with your driver and guide hosts for an authentic Norwegian experience. Learn about science, history and culture, enjoy a campfire (weather permitting), hot beverages, dinner and snacks under the Polar sky as you wait for the lights to appear. Your guide will capture the moment on camera and will send the photos within 24hrs inlcuding an aurora or winter portrait.
We are proud owners of the eco-light house certificate and provide nature-friendly tours. We also work in collaboration with local businesses and serve only locally-sourced, fresh food.
We strive for high-quality service and to make the best Arctic Memories for our guests.
per adult from
6 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Dinner - Tasty meal made with local ingredients. Vegan option available.
- Snacks - Sweet treats which taste even sweeter under the Arctic sky!
- Beverages (hot choclate, tea and coffee)
- Professional driver and expert guide
- Professional photographer guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport in warm minivan
- Thermal suits
- Norwegian campfire with reindeer furs and firpit
- Tripods available to use (limited use)
- Video of Northern Lights in historical cafe (hot drinks included)
- Aurora / winter portrait
- Entry/Admission - Northern Norway Travel
What's excluded :
- Winter boots
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Northern Norway Travel, Samuel Arnesens gate 5, 9008 Tromsø, Norway
Join us on our Northern Light Chase and let us show you an unforgettable experience!
Our experienced driver and knowledgeable guide will pick you up from your hotel and drive to our favorite local restaurant. While we have coffee, tea and hot chocolate together, our guide will give you an introduction about the Northern Lights followed by a video explaining the science behind the phenomenon.
Get comfortable on one of our new Mercedes Sprinters including WIFI and we will begin our chase for the Green Lady. Once our guide has found a scenic spot to enjoy the Aurora Borealis, time will stand still as you are fascinated by the magical show overhead.
Our guide will help you with setting up your camera to capture this unique experience.
Take your time and appreciate this experience while your guide is preparing an Arctic campfire. They will serve you premium hot chocolate, tea and coffee with a delicious meal prepared by our favorite local restaurant. Of course, we will finish with a sweet treat before driving back to the city and dropping you off at your hotel.
While you are dreaming about your Northern light experience, we will send you a selection of the best pictures from the night.
*** Eco-friendly tour***
With reusable mugs, wooden stirring sticks, plastic free food packaging and a fire pit, we make sure that the only footprints we leave behind are in the snow! ***
Included: hotel pick-up and drop-off, transport in a Mercedes Sprinter with WiFi, experienced driver and knowledgeable English-speaking guide, introduction including a video about the Aurora Borealis in a local restaurant, thermal suits and campfire, hot beverages, a tasty meal with local ingredients, a sweet treat, complimentary tips to take the best pictures, complimentary digital photos including aurora/winter portraits within 24 hours.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up at your hotel between 06.10pm - 06.30pm (18:10-18:30h).As we are in the Arctic please wear: warm underlayers, warm boots, mittens and hat.Do not forget your camera and passport/ ID if we have to go to Finland.Please contact us via phone under +47 413 66 111 if you cannot find us or if you have any questions. We are looking forward to creating Arctic memories for you!Your Northern Norway Travel team
Departure Time :6:10 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements or allergies at time of booking (vegetarian and vegan food available)
- Please specify thermal suit size at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- We hold the right to slightly modify/ adapt the tour if needed
- ** Minimum numbers apply: Min 4. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.