Northern Lights Aurora Tour from Kemi
Join our legendary tour for hunting the Northern Lights. Our destination is the best possible place for following the sky. We have a little walk up the hill where a comfortable tepee is waiting for us. We make a fire in the tepee and enjoy warm beverages and barbecue some snacks we brought with us while watching the sky. The guide explains all about Northern Lights and old mythology about them. The appearance of the lights is not guaranteed but they are visible in about 90% of the clear sky evenings. Also the arctic starry sky is very beautiful. Spot the Big Bear and Polar Star, Northern Lights often appear just under the Polar Star. Listen to the stories about local life and nature by living fire. Experience some Lappish shamanism in a tepee and see your future with our great Aurora guides!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Winter adventure gear
- Guidance services
- Snacks and meals mentioned
- Organizer's liability insurance
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Private tours available for additional price, ask for more!
- Our Northern Lights trip has got excellent feedbacks already for years. This is because our Northern Lights spotting place is the best possible place in Kemi area where are no other lights at all, northern sky is fully open and the weather is often clear even if it is cloudy or foggy in the town. By our long experience the right hours to be out there is 11-12 PM. Anyway you need some luck to see the lights and it is unpredictable even during the trip!
Why to book our organized trip? On this trip the weather is often better than in the city and you can see even the first thin lights and all Northern Lights you see clearly because there is no artificial light in the air. The mountain has got a special micro climate that means open sky for most of the nights.The northern horizon is all visible and absolutely dark. This trip is also a great chance for taking pictures of Northern lights in beautiful nature.
Large barbeque is offered during the tour. We will have something to eat for all tastes.
Available 21st of August – 21st of April. Please inform us about your sizes like length, weight and show number in before hand for the winter gear.
Departure Point :Scandic Kemi, Hahtisaarenkatu 3, 94100 Kemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
We will confirm the exact pick up time upon booking.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at the time of booking if required
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Please contact us if you wish to have a guide in other language
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.