North Shore Stand-Up Paddleboard Lesson
Soak up the lush landscape of Oahu’s North Shore on a stand-up paddleboard (SUP). During a 2-hour lesson, suitable for beginner paddlers, you’ll receive instruction before balancing your board on the calm waters of the Anahulu River, abundant with sea turtles and other marine life. With no more than three students per instructor, enjoy a personalized session tailored to your skill and fitness level. Choose from multiple options: a small-group, semi-private or private family lesson in the morning, midday or afternoon.
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of equipment (stand-up paddleboard, paddle, surf shirt)
- Experienced SUP instructor
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
We start at the mouth of the Anahulu river near Haleiwa Harbor and travel upstream. The Anahulu River feeds into Waialua Bay from the Koolau Range, and the mix of fresh and saltwater creates brackish hues know for its solitude and frequent turtle sightings. The river’s current is so slight that it makes for a nearly effortless outing. A journey to the river’s end takes about 60 minutes, where turns into a tranquil mountain stream. There, paddlers can turn right back around and follow the gentle current back to Waialua Bay. In the Bay, students who want to can try riding the small waves that are usually breaking over a safe sand bar.
• Banzai Pipeline, Sunset Beach Park, Pupukea, Oahu, HI
• North Shore, Oahu, HI 96712
• Oahu's North Shore, Oahu's North Shore, Oahu, Hawaii
Departure Point :Kahalewai Place, Kahalewai Pl, Haleiwa, HI 96712, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 8 years for the small-group lesson
- It is recommended that you bring sunglasses with a strap, a hat or other sun protection, and wear a swimsuit or clothing that you don't mind getting wet
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.