NORTH OF PENINSULA TOUR (FULL DAY EXCURSION) (Private Day Trip From Jaffna)
This full day excursion lets you explore the northern most part of Sri Lanka covering the attractions in and around Kankasanthurai, Valvettithurai and Point Pedro.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private Air Conditioned Vehicle with an English speaking chauffeur guide.
- Fuel and Local assurance for the vehicle included.
- Boat Fees (If Required) (Only Public Boats are available , Not Privet)
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All parking and highway charge where applicable.
What's excluded :
- The personal spending (Tips,Telephone, Internet, Fax etc)
- Medical Expenses, Insurance, International Flights and Accommodation
- Entrance Fess
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Alcoholic drinks
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Souvenir photos
- Any other services not specified above
- Expenses of the excursions and sight seen not mentioned above
- Morning Pick up at the hotel in Jaffna and proceed to Point Pedro, en route witnessing vegetable and fruits cultivation in Achchuveli with a place producing traditional grape wine.
Visit the Point Pedro beach, the fishing village and the lighthouse and in close reach to Point Pedro visit Sri Lanka’s northern most point off the Northern shore.Point Pedro has a small harbour, which is controlled by the Sri Lankan army. If the much-delayed and frequently re-planned Sethusamudram Shipping Canal Project is completed, deepening the Palk Straits between India and Sri Lanka to allow larger ships to pass, rather than having to travel 650 km (350 nmi) around Sri Lanka, then Point Pedro and other ports in the Jaffna peninsula may see a significant increase in maritime trade, especially with India.
Proceed to Kankasanthurai passing Velvettithurai. A popular tourist destination for its temples, its sandy, palm tree filled coastal stretch of beach and the Keerimalai Springs, other prominent landmarks in Kankesanthurai include the suburb's natural harbour, its fort and lighthouse.
Lunch at Thal Sevana Resort, Kankasanthurai. (At Your Own Cost)
Proceed to Keerimalai and visit the Naguleswaram Kovil and the Sacred Water Spring. Nallur temple-Its almost impossible to explain the art and culture of Jaffna without mentioning sculpture and beauty of Nallur temple that has more than 500 years history. The most spectacular cultural and religious place in Jaffna is Nallur temple and this is a must visit destination for a traveler in north and still attracts thousands of locals daily.
Thereafter proceed to Nilavarai and visit the Bottomless Well
Return to Jaffna hotel in the evening.
Departure Point :Hotel pickup and drop-off by an air conditioned vehicle in Jaffna
Departure Time :
Departure 06.00 AM to 06.30 AM
Return Detail :Return to original departure point in Jaffna
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Additional info
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking, however, Infant meals not included
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- A significant amount of walking is involved
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions & pregnant women
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Each traveller is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.